[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TPS issues?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

TPS issues?

TPS issues?

Postby Budd81 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Has anyone had any problems with their TPS not staying at 0.0 once foot is off the pedal?
I only started having this problem after I installed my 5.5lb pulley on my SC'er. I had the OBX headers, cat-back, walbro 190, SAFC II, Jims fuel mod, etc. all installed with no issues of any kind with my stock 3lb pulley but shortly after installing 5.5lb pulley it started doing this on & off on a regular basis. When it happens I can go WOT & sometimes it zero's out but other times it doesnt. It also stays like this even if I dont run it for a week or so it will start up with it being out of whack but if I kill the car with it zero'd out & come back later its fine like normal until this happens again. I dont have the supra injectors yet but do plan on picking up a set from Gabe soon (after the first of the year) Anyone have any ideas or experince with this issue & can help me fix it would be greatly appreciated. I have also bought another TPS to replace it with but havent done that yet b/c I've heard about resetting it but havent found out how to do that yet. (And if there is a thread about this already I would appreciate you not refering me to it b/c I have looked. If you can help me out great, if not dont post criticizing me for not finding a post out of thousands of countless posts.) Thanks guys
99 Camry V6 5-speed S/C'd
Budd81
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: TPS issues?

Postby 1gSE » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:58 pm

What exactly do you mean by 0.0? Are you taking voltage readings, obd2 scanner or is this a percentage on some sort of fuel controller? The tps is just a resistor, it can wear out, possibly throwing off readings.
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Budd81 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:10 pm

1gSE wrote:What exactly do you mean by 0.0? Are you taking voltage readings, obd2 scanner or is this a percentage on some sort of fuel controller? The tps is just a resistor, it can wear out, possibly throwing off readings.

On the SAFC II display
Budd81
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:39 pm

I'm not familiar with how the safc works, but i'm sure there's a tps calibration.....is it calibrated?
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Budd81 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Budd81 wrote:I've heard about resetting it but havent found out how to do that yet.

No I dont know how to calibrate it
Budd81
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Forced Induction