[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Supercharger to N/A intake swap
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Supercharger to N/A intake swap

Supercharger to N/A intake swap

Postby needmorecrap » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:21 pm

I am tired of the constant knock sensor issues, and am thinking of taking the supercharger off my solara. What all do I need to go back to a normal intake/engine configuration??
needmorecrap
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Supercharger to N/A intake swap

Postby 1gSE » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Is it pulling timing? I had a bad sensor, but it wasn't pulling as much timing as it should have been. Have you upgraded the sensors? I've been running the GLP kit for about 10 months with no issues
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Gregtrd » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:02 pm

When trd did the kit for the camry/solara it was intened to run 93 octane or higher,
When you run anything lower the 93 you'll run in to knock sensor issues, thats why
it was discontinue, how much boost are running, where and what octane are running, any
Supporting mods?
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby needmorecrap » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:30 am

I always run 93, it has blown the knock sensors twice. I have the gm sensors in it and it still set them off, put another one on and relocated it and it still set it off. I'm just tired of messing with it. It is my wife's car and she doesn't really care to spend any more money on new fuel rails/piggy backs or anything. We've had the car for 9 years now and I think we are just about ready to get it back to stock and sell it But we bought it with the supercharger already installed so we didn't get the stock parts included from the dealership.. I just need to know if I JUST need a plain ole intake or what.
needmorecrap
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SirThomas88 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:08 pm

Is it the front and rear sensors that are both going off or just the rear one (by the firewall)?

If it's just the rear/firewall one only, simple fix... Disconnect it from the computer. I've been driving around with one working knock sensor for over a year lol.
14.11s 101mph quarter mile. 5 Speed v6 Supercharged @ 5.5psi
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chullen1 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:41 am

You could also get a relocation bracket from TRD4life, this would help and he could even make the bracket fit GM sensors. The relocation bracket is actually on the cheaper side at like 65
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction