[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Help Needed
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Help Needed

Help Needed

Postby andy2dc » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:42 am

I recently purchased a '99 Solara SLE from my friend. The car has a TRD supercharger on it.
I'm trying to replace the alternator but it's being a real pain. Is it possible to change the alternator without completely removing the serpentine belt from the car? Any advice or assistance will be greatly appreciated.
andy2dc
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Help Needed

Postby PlateLunch » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Take a 3/8 breaker or ratchet and slip it into the back of the tensioner arm, pull back the arm, there will be a small hole to slip a pin into (i used a little nail) that will hold the tensioner back, this will give you slack on the belt. You have to back out the counter sunk Hex/Allen head alternator pivot bolt, then back out the alternator lock bolt. You'll have to disconnect everything from the alternator and then you can take the alternator out. If it's been in there for awhile it will be stuck pretty good, smack it with a hammer and piece of wood or something. You should be able to slip the be Be careful taking out the alternator pivot bolt and take your time, if you strip it your F'd. Oh yeah, get a chiltons guide, good luck!
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Forced Induction