ASG14 wrote:OMFG, Thats where they did the flippin body ground? $425?!?!?!?!?! Really?!?!?!?
Yeah, but they doubled the ground. It's grounded in the trunk, and they also ran the ground all the way back to the engine bay where it was originally grounded.
I got three quotes from shops, they were the cheapest! One shop quoted me $600, and another almost $800!!!!
Hate to dwell on this subject but as a very experienced 12v tech i HAVE to ask...
1. Is there a fuse or circuit breaker in the trunk? (please tell me its hiding behind the battery!)
2. What exactly is the isolator isolating? The ground is connected to 1 side and nothing on the other...
3. Why is the ground cable 4ga but the power is 1/0ga?
4. Same question as ASG - Why is the main ground not going to the frame?
Running the ground to the front is hardly necessary, and a waste of wire. Your local shops are taking you for a ride, theres no way they can justify $425 (much less $800) in materials and labor and have it look like that....
Very excited about the rest of your build man
- cant wait to see how it turns out!
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion