[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Recommended Cam Grind and a spare question?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Recommended Cam Grind and a spare question?

Recommended Cam Grind and a spare question?

Postby Mister_Perkins » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:29 am

I currently have my block at the machine shop getting worked on to fit my H-Beam rods, forged pistons, and balance and blueprint the block and I dropped the Cams/Heads off to get worked on as well.

The guy asked me what kind of duration I was looking to get, but I wasn't 100% sure what the best combination I wanted to run would be. I told him I would figure out what I wanted and get back to him.

My goal is 550-600 HP.

For the heads, I am getting them ported and polished, shimless buckets, and stiffer valve springs. Do you guys have any recommendations for the correct duration i should get ? I know tony the tiger is running a 274 regrind i believe, and I've read that other guys are doing a 264 regrind.

Also, I was planning on running 600CC injectors in the engine but I've recently found out that the 600cc injectors will not work great with a Greddy E-Manage System because the emanage will have a really hard time mapping the fuel maps since its such a huge change in injector size. I really want to avoid running a stand-alone if I can, and I do have some 390cc Supra injectors sitting at my shop as well. Would the 390cc injectors be able to support my HP goals? Or will I be peaking the injectors out at that goal.

Any information would be appreciated. thanks :)
Mister_Perkins
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Recommended Cam Grind and a spare question?

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:54 am

you seem to have a very good understanding of what your doing. Seems like your going to have a very rev happy engine with those built heads, ive heard that the greddy emanage is not capable of making your rpms go past our stock limiter. From what ive been told the only way to get a higher rpm is to go with a full standalone ecu.

as for the cams i wouldnt be able to put any imput as im not too familiar with that.

as for the 390cc injectors and your goals are 550-600hp the injectors would be maxed out at the hp i would say go with something larger, and you mentioned their off the supra, are they off a 2jz-gte?
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby Mister_Perkins » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:14 am

ToyoSolV6 wrote:you seem to have a very good understanding of what your doing. Seems like your going to have a very rev happy engine with those built heads, ive heard that the greddy emanage is not capable of making your rpms go past our stock limiter. From what ive been told the only way to get a higher rpm is to go with a full standalone ecu.

as for the cams i wouldnt be able to put any imput as im not too familiar with that.

as for the 390cc injectors and your goals are 550-600hp the injectors would be maxed out at the hp i would say go with something larger, and you mentioned their off the supra, are they off a 2jz-gte?

The 600CC injectors are from a 2jzge supra. I actually spoke with Tony and he said that he can work around the Emanage / Injectors if I get a adjustable fuel pressure regulator so that problem is taken care of as well.

One of the other guys that is doing this build is currently getting his camshafts reground. He is doing a 274 regrind with .410" lift
Mister_Perkins
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SirThomas88 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Where are you guys getting all this wonderful cam information?? Any links?? Myself and another 1MZ Camry guy have actually been looking for this sort of info. His heads are at the shop too but he doesn't know what specs he should get.

Yeah I'm sure 390cc would be too small. I'm getting ready for a build of 400-500whp and I'll be putting in 525cc injectors. Currently I'm at 250whp with 5.5lb of boost and I have 305cc injectors and a 625ml shot of methanol. I have to pull about 45% fuel from my SAFC2 to get a 12.2:0 AFR. If I wasn't running methanol I'd probably still pull around 30% fuel. So 305cc is definitely over sized for running with methanol at my power level.

P.S. If you end up going with the 390cc injectors and they are a little too small, you could always compensate by adding a water/methanol shot since the methanol richens up your mix. And methanol/water has tons of benefits for high horsepower engines anyways.
14.11s 101mph quarter mile. 5 Speed v6 Supercharged @ 5.5psi
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction