[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - My 3MZ supercharged 5speed Swap Thread
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

My 3MZ supercharged 5speed Swap Thread

Re: My 3MZ supercharged 5speed Swap Thread

Postby Bostonlara » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:57 pm

Update:

Put in my supra injectors today and fuel rails. I went with the 3mz rails but honestly they are the same as the 1mz.

After installing those I tried to tackle where to install the meth pump and tank. I know Sirthomas has his mounted behind his front bumper but I'm not crazy about that location. I was thinking in the trunk and running the line up front.

I'm also waiting on a power steering pump bracket from Toyota. It's not the engine mount bracket but the one that is stepped for the 3mz pump.
building a 5.5psi S/C 3MZ 5spd with Meth, 305cc injectors, lite weight crank pulley, Apexi Neo, full exhaust & ypipe, CAI, TB spacer, knock upgrade, jims fuel upgrade, walbro 255, and much much much much more
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Solarasian » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:23 am

cool good to hear that it's coming together!
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Bostonlara » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:40 pm

*UPDATE:

so i picked up the bracket for the power steering pump today at Woburn Toyota . figured i'd post what it looks like so everyone knows, also in case someone else hopefully decides to do a full 3MZ swap someday.

you can see the big angled step in the bracket. it's that step that allow the slide adjuster to bolt to the bracket.

Here's the other bracket need to for the power steering power #8. it's actually called a side mount bracket for the engine. this part is from a 2004 Sienna but i got it off a 2004 Lexus ES300 in a junk yard. pretty sure it's used in all the newer 3MZ setups

you will need both of these to successfully mount the 1MZ power steering pump to a 3MZ engine. but if you buy a 3MZ you may be lucky enough to at least have the #8 mount still attached
building a 5.5psi S/C 3MZ 5spd with Meth, 305cc injectors, lite weight crank pulley, Apexi Neo, full exhaust & ypipe, CAI, TB spacer, knock upgrade, jims fuel upgrade, walbro 255, and much much much much more
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Smaay » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:01 am

awe man i have 2 of these left over from me sourcing parts. if anyone needs one, send me a PM.

Another thing if you buy a new 1MZ oil pump you do not have to do all this. These changes are because the oil pump changes on the 3MZ and the timing belt tensioner is at a different angle.
1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE
1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ hybrid
1997 Supra 2JZ-GTE
2001 Celica GT-S 2ZZ-GTE
1998 Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel

Thats alot of BOOST!!!!
Smaay
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Bostonlara » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:47 pm

Sunday I found some time to install my engine mounts and rear header plus flywheel. Engine is pretty much ready to be dropped in except for the egr piping. Was researching egr deletes all weekend but had no luck. Doesn't seem like adding a 10Kohm resistor to the temp sensor for egr will work. May just block it off for now or fab up a pipe, weld and cut some crap, may not be pretty but as long as it functions. Pretty sure ill have to put a plate with a small hole somewhere on piping. I think the egr gases will be too hot since there is not cooler.
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Brandoe91 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:34 am

TRD S/C 6psi - OBX Full Exhaust - Injen intake ( 226whp untuned).

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Smaay » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:23 pm

you should join MR2OC.com there is a few good threads on EGR options. i suggest you have a new pipe fabbed up. block off plate work but you need to fool the ECU
1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE
1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ hybrid
1997 Supra 2JZ-GTE
2001 Celica GT-S 2ZZ-GTE
1998 Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel

Thats alot of BOOST!!!!
Smaay
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Bostonlara » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:17 pm

Brandoe91 wrote:Is this what you were looking for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1MZ-FE-EGR-Bloc ... 03&vxp=mtr

Yes that's what I need if I do indeed block the egr, thanks!

Smaay wrote:you should join MR2OC.com there is a few good threads on EGR options. i suggest you have a new pipe fabbed up. block off plate work but you need to fool the ECU

Saw your post Wednesday and decided to join. Can't search without joining, so ill do my late night early morning research and report back.

Maybe I'll be able to actually put the engine in this weekend and not get distracted by F1 racing and friends coming over to "help" (more like distract me) with the install
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Twin Turbo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:54 am

The Boston Solara is really coming together! Nice work buddy. Hopefully the snow in Boston all melts away so you can get that unit out on the street. Sounds like you could be celebrating a Stanley Cup victory this spring with the Bruins addition of Jagr today. Still about 3 feet of snow in western canada so no Solara driving for me just yet
Follow @ballsofthunder for non-stop ridiculous action
Twin Turbo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Bostonlara » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:23 pm

Twin Turbo wrote:The Boston Solara is really coming together! Nice work buddy. Hopefully the snow in Boston all melts away so you can get that unit out on the street. Sounds like you could be celebrating a Stanley Cup victory this spring with the Bruins addition of Jagr today. Still about 3 feet of snow in western canada so no Solara driving for me just yet

Thanks man! Snows all gone here, it's been hitting 55 degrees lately. I haven't been following the B's since I work at night. I had no idea Jagr was still playing, he must be a old man now! Lol
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Bostonlara » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:27 pm

BUILD UPDATE:

Engines in finally. Made some custom egr block off plates too. Wiring harness is almost fully connected. Just need to install radiator, axles, s/c, and all the other little stuff. Then I'm bringing it back to Lou's Custom so they can fix my y pipe
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Solarasian » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:35 pm

we should have a NE meet. id like to see your car in the flesh haha
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Bostonlara » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 am

we could probably set something up over the summer. get the MA,NH,ME, and maybe CT solaras together!

I've also been meaning to post the Part Number for the POWER STEERING PUMP BRACKET need to do the swap(if your using a 1MZ pump

Description: Front Bracket
Part Number: 44441-06040 (this is a genuine toyota part)
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PlateLunch » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:28 pm

I have extra resistors for the EGR temp sensor, gimme your address and I'll throw one in and envelope and mail it to ya bro. I can't remember the exact type, but when I get home I'll post it if you just want to go buy some too.
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Bostonlara » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:08 pm

PlateLunch wrote:I have extra resistors for the EGR temp sensor, gimme your address and I'll throw one in and envelope and mail it to ya bro. I can't remember the exact type, but when I get home I'll post it if you just want to go buy some too.

You can just gimmi the type, ill pick some up at RadioShack. So the resistor trick worked for you? How did you set it up? Bridging it at the connector?
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Forced Induction