[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Dyno numbers for my NA build
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Dyno numbers for my NA build

Dyno numbers for my NA build

Postby chullen1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:13 am

I just got this back from JE Import Performance in MD. I currently am running CAI, Xerd Long Tube Headers with Cerakote, Ported Throttle Body, JPP exhaust, Okada Plasma Booster, Maganacore Wires and NGK plugs, Gabe's Fuel Mod, AEM FIC and Innovate wideband. The car did very well on the dyno for a NA car. We made about 192 whp/220 lbs of torque. We gained 20 hp at redline and more hp and torque throughout the whole powerband. I am very excited and Gabe thinks we can do 300 hp with the motor we are building. I know this section is for boosted cars but this is really the only section that get traffic and there is no NA builds section. Here are some photos of the engine bay and dynograph

I would like to thank Gabe for all his hard work to get me to this spot.
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Dyno numbers for my NA build

Postby ACProductions » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:17 am

JE is nice but I bet you JK up in pa could pull another 10.

That curve is gorgeous though. Props to you sir.

Time to grab some cams, gears, and Busa throttles
FREE CHILTON MANUAL

The speed at which a woman says "nothing" when you ask her what's wrong is inversely proportional to the size of the coming storm.

ACProductions
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SirThomas88 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Congrats Craig. Looking good!
14.11s 101mph quarter mile. 5 Speed v6 Supercharged @ 5.5psi
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chullen1 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Gabe and I working on something that should push this over the edge and be a great N/A car. Thanks for all the support! The tune is conservative as not to blow the 105k miles motor. We will see...
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Smaay » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:57 am

interesting, you got the AEM FIC to work fairly well with your car? when i used it on my celica with the turboed 5S-FE, it constantly fought with the stock ECU and i could never get it to work good.
1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE
1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ hybrid
1997 Supra 2JZ-GTE
2001 Celica GT-S 2ZZ-GTE
1998 Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel

Thats alot of BOOST!!!!
Smaay
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Twin Turbo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:59 am

Looks good buddy. I realize your going for the N/A thing but it would sure be nice to see one of Gabe's massive blowers mounted on top of that unit!
Follow @ballsofthunder for non-stop ridiculous action
Twin Turbo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby chullen1 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:30 pm

Smaay wrote:interesting, you got the AEM FIC to work fairly well with your car? when i used it on my celica with the turboed 5S-FE, it constantly fought with the stock ECU and i could never get it to work good.

I found a plug and play harness for the 1mzfe on toyotanation.com. The switch over from the stock ecu to the FIC map is a little rough at times at low speeds but for the most part no issues yet to report. I am happy that it all came out great and is a great starting point for the build I am doing
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chullen1 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:34 pm

Twin Turbo wrote:Looks good buddy. I realize your going for the N/A thing but it would sure be nice to see one of Gabe's massive blowers mounted on top of that unit!

Yeah I know it would be nice but do to a lose of job last year I had to switch it up and go N/A. Gabe is selling my parts if anyone is interested. I am also thinking about trying to find a 93-95 MR2 and just swap the new motor in that not sure yet.
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Smaay » Mon May 13, 2013 3:28 pm

chullen1 wrote:
Smaay wrote:interesting, you got the AEM FIC to work fairly well with your car? when i used it on my celica with the turboed 5S-FE, it constantly fought with the stock ECU and i could never get it to work good.

I found a plug and play harness for the 1mzfe on toyotanation.com. The switch over from the stock ecu to the FIC map is a little rough at times at low speeds but for the most part no issues yet to report. I am happy that it all came out great and is a great starting point for the build I am doing

what switch over are you talking about? can you feel something in the engine performance? thats what my celica did. i would do a perfect 3rd gear pull with perfect A/F's and then shift into 4th and it would be super lean and knock like crazy
1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE
1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ hybrid
1997 Supra 2JZ-GTE
2001 Celica GT-S 2ZZ-GTE
1998 Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel

Thats alot of BOOST!!!!
Smaay
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby chullen1 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:20 pm

Smaay wrote:
chullen1 wrote:

what switch over are you talking about? can you feel something in the engine performance? thats what my celica did. i would do a perfect 3rd gear pull with perfect A/F's and then shift into 4th and it would be super lean and knock like crazy

No its isnt lean, my wideband is right there its a consistent 14.8 to 15.3 : 1 sometimes even goes a little rich but never very lean. Its almost like a slight bog but its not really a bog.
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction