[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Are you forced?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Are you equipped with forced induction?

yea
45%
nope, im NA :D
55%

Total votes : 55

Are you forced?

Postby krook » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:52 pm

yeah, mods do get expensiver over lotsa times. :lol:
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby shidosha01 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:54 am

I'm sorry it has taken me a long time to reply. I have to keep a tight lip on whats going on with "tabasco" right now. I'd hate to get hammered by posting iffy numbers or guess on things without getting tests done. I will keep you posted. We're estimating this late May / early June as a tentative date.

cdssolara wrote:
shidosha01 wrote:Supercharged @ 23k since June 03. Upgraded to 6lbs. Sept 03'. Blew both knock sensors Dec. 03' despite using 94 octane. Still working on running 10 to 12lbs. of boost safely. My mechanic and I at Arrieta Motorsport are making slow progress on this.

Keep you posted on new developments of my project.

Have had great conversations with fellow supercharged Solara owners:

raycarlo
cdsolara
ericsol
JoeB (my twin) :D

Question...

How many pounds of boost is that turbocharged V6 Solara running? If the owner of that awesome car is reading this. Are you running boost from stock compression?

I remember reading that you were working with a shop to try to lower compression and raise boost. I didn't realize that you were trying to get your boost up as high as 10-12 psi, though. How is that project coming along? What are you doing for fuel delivery? Are you getting an upgraded fuel pump, or going the Gadget route, like JoeB?
Rizal D. / Forever "tabasco"
99 V6 SE 5spd FT61 1MZ-FTE
393whp/445ft-lbs. TQ @15psi
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby cdssolara » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:28 pm

Can't wait to hear about your results. Good luck!

shidosha01 wrote:I'm sorry it has taken me a long time to reply. I have to keep a tight lip on whats going on with "tabasco" right now. I'd hate to get hammered by posting iffy numbers or guess on things without getting tests done. I will keep you posted. We're estimating this late May / early June as a tentative date.

cdssolara wrote:
shidosha01 wrote:Supercharged @ 23k since June 03. Upgraded to 6lbs. Sept 03'. Blew both knock sensors Dec. 03' despite using 94 octane. Still working on running 10 to 12lbs. of boost safely. My mechanic and I at Arrieta Motorsport are making slow progress on this.

Keep you posted on new developments of my project.

Have had great conversations with fellow supercharged Solara owners:

raycarlo
cdsolara
ericsol
JoeB (my twin) :D

Question...

How many pounds of boost is that turbocharged V6 Solara running? If the owner of that awesome car is reading this. Are you running boost from stock compression?

I remember reading that you were working with a shop to try to lower compression and raise boost. I didn't realize that you were trying to get your boost up as high as 10-12 psi, though. How is that project coming along? What are you doing for fuel delivery? Are you getting an upgraded fuel pump, or going the Gadget route, like JoeB?
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

boost

Postby hnda8r » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:52 am

I just got boost yesturday and im lovin it!!! :o
In search for my next Supercharged Solara!!!
hnda8r
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby esculatus » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:21 pm

boosting~ at stock thou. Trying to get the CEL off when I install a intake... still haven't debugged the problem yet. I am waiting for some $$ on a SAFC + AEM CAI.
esculatus
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Forced Induction