[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - I have boost!!
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

I have boost!!

I have boost!!

Postby hnda8r » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:49 am

Hey guys!!

Just installed my own supercharger on my se v6 yesturday, and let me tell you it wasnt that bad. The directions were clear and legible. I was takn my time so is took like 14 hrs. That sound that it makes whenver the boost kicks on is AWSOME!!! Im so glad i did this, now i can really start to enjoy driving my car. Im going to dyno it tomorrow to see how much i gained. :o
In search for my next Supercharged Solara!!!
hnda8r
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby all_red » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:31 am

Was it that easy?? coz i was planning on getting mine done at a dealership so i can maintain my warranty, but since i decided on not going with the extended warranty, I don't want to spend those 500 bucks anymore. I've read the instructions many times and understand them well. Would I be able to finish the job myself or would i need someone to help me?
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:31 am

^ if you are mechanically inclined, and patient go for the install yourself and beat the $500 labor fee.

hnda8r- let the unit break in before going hard acceleration.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby Astro » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:25 pm

Congrats! The whining sound of the s/c is awesome! Enjoy!
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby swimshady906 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:31 pm

It is that easy. I put mine on in about 8 hours of no breaks, and then it took me 3.4 to change the sparkplugs and wires ( with lots of tool dropping) so i think you can do it, just get a good pic of some ones engine bay showing which vacume hose connects to which...
02' S2000 Silverstone
00' SE V6 Silverstream - sold :(

We race because Basketball, Baseball, Football and Soccer only require one ball.
swimshady906
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby all_red » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:02 am

TRDMole177 wrote:^ if you are mechanically inclined

can you please define that? do you mean that if I can flush the coolant and change a flat tire?
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:05 pm

if you know the difference between 10mm and 12mm sockets by look, you would have a much easier time installing the s/c yourself than a person who doesn't.

another one is that if you enjoy taking things apart and putitng things back how they were is also mechanically inclined

that's what i mean if you are mechanically inclined.

the s/c a little harder than flushing your coolant or changing your tire.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby dan99solara » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:51 pm

hah... yea taking off an intake manifold and everything connected to it isn't as easy as changing your tire...
1999 Solara V6 5spd 155k miles
TEIN springs. thats it.
dan99solara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby all_red » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:16 pm

yea i know its harder. I just wanted to know what mole meant by his term. I think I can do it. I just need to find some free time and some good place to work at. I was planning on taking it to the dealer next weekend, but I guess I'll just save those 500 bucks.
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction