[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Dyno Results with JP Performance Headers & Exhaust, Fuel
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Dyno Results with JP Performance Headers & Exhaust, Fuel

Dyno Results with JP Performance Headers & Exhaust, Fuel

Postby cdssolara » Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:02 pm

I just got my headers and exhaust installed, along with non-turbo Supra injectors and a Walbro 190 lph fuel pump. I had it dynotuned, and on my last pull, we got 272.7 fwhp and 250.5 lb/ft. That's the good news. The bad news is that yet again, I'm getting a Check Engine light. When I drove it after the dyno runs, it was pretty much in "limp mode" with serious timing retard. Today, I mixed in some 100 octane gas, and it was like giving Popeye some spinach. The car is now a monster. It immediately got all it's power back, and later in the day the CE light went out.

So, I guess the knock sensors are OK even after setting off the CE light. Both of my knock sensors are replacements, by the way. Now, I have to figure out a way to get the car to run this way on 91 octane gas. I'm going to look into the Split Second fuel management unit that also allow for timing adjustment.

By the way, the injectors and fuel pump worked out great. Under acceleration, my A/F ratio stayed steady at about 11.5:1. I now have a Bosch wide band O2 sensor with a converter for an Autometer narrow band A/F ratio gauge. (Thanks, JoeB!) So now my A/F ratio gauge gives me a steady reading, rather than jumping all over the map.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Forced Induction