[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Finally, I got boooooooooost!!
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Finally, I got boooooooooost!!

Finally, I got boooooooooost!!

Postby all_red » Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:23 pm

Thats true!! Last Thursday I started working on the car at 3pm, stopped at 7pm, started at 2pm on friday and at 5pm I was done. I changed the spark plugs to Denso IK22's. I didn't change the wires though, coz I didn't have them and didn't want to wait for one more week. But so far everything is great.
I don't really feel the boost in 2nd gear, but in 3rd it really kicks in. Is that just normal?
Also as soon I drove around I knew I how bad that wheel hop was and how much I needed better tires. Any updates about the engine mounts?

Uhm.. Yea I'm happy so far and the SC was worth the $2000.00
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Astro » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:26 pm

Congrats! :P

:scatter:
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby JoeB » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:17 am

all_red, congrats on getting blown! 8) I know exactly what you're talking about with the boost. By the description, I'm sure you have an automatic. If you read my posts carefully about the fuel upgrade, you'll see I had the same issue / not any more! But pay close attention to the advice on tranny upgrade. You'll snap it if you don't get the tranny upgraded to handle it. Your next problem will be traction 8) . -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby all_red » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:42 am

Joe,
I read your posts, thats why I am not sure, coz I got 5-speed. Its supposed to kick in as soon as I step on the gas, isn't it?
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby shidosha01 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:02 am

all_red wrote:Joe,
I read your posts, thats why I am not sure, coz I got 5-speed. Its supposed to kick in as soon as I step on the gas, isn't it?

You should be getting full boost even in first gear. But it all depends on when you shift too. You'll feel more power kick in any gear as long as you don't shift too early. The "kick" of the supercharger is felt between 3500rpm thru 5500rpm in all gears.
Rizal D. / Forever "tabasco"
99 V6 SE 5spd FT61 1MZ-FTE
393whp/445ft-lbs. TQ @15psi
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:03 am

i kinda have the opposite feeling than you, i feel more boost in second than i do in third. to me i felt a lot more gains in second. third just feels a little better

-michael
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby all_red » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:31 pm

I guess you feel that coz the 2nd gear "was the strongest" with stock engine so as you boost you already make it even better. But third was the worst and now its better, Alot better.
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby I4 to V6 Swap » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:36 am

all_red :

I was just wondering where you found our supercharger for $2000? Also, was it new? I am just curious. I am in te market for a supercharger too, and I can only find a new one for $2500.

Thanks
I4 to V6 Swap
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby all_red » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:26 am

Actually I got it used for $1500 and some parts were missing that was about $140 and got the plugs for $60. So its about $1700, $300 was the cost of selfinstallation labor :lol:

I don't think there'd be a problem with getting a used supercharger if its in a good working condition. You can save $1000 at least.

Actually I was about to get a new one coz i was concerned about warranty, but then took that off my head and the surprize was that I called the dealership in town trying to fool around with them and they told me that i'd have warranty on the supercharger for one year starting from last time I changed oil there. So I was like "what the heck?"
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby I4 to V6 Swap » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:27 am

cool, thanx
I4 to V6 Swap
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby all_red » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:56 am

This is something I just thought about. The SC I got is for Auto tranny, so is the EBC different than the one for 5-speed?
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby I4 to V6 Swap » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:22 am

I recently saw a new supercharger with the manual part number on it, but when we saw everything that was included, the EBC was in there. Kind of weird.
I4 to V6 Swap
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Hsakuragi » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:15 am

all_red wrote:This is something I just thought about. The SC I got is for Auto tranny, so is the EBC different than the one for 5-speed?

Yes it is.
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby all_red » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:35 am

hsakuragi wrote:
all_red wrote:This is something I just thought about. The SC I got is for Auto tranny, so is the EBC different than the one for 5-speed?

Yes it is.

How is it different?
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CASTRO » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:28 am

actually the EBC for the auto is supposed to give little to no boost in 1st gear and it varies in second. The manual EBC is supposed to be able to give you full boost in 1st gear due to drivers control. The limited boost in the atuo version is there to help protect the atuo tranny from overshifting/ slipping tires due to the motors allready massive torque that is able to spin the tires. Pretty much since the motor has power there allready, and it is computer controller through the auto tranny, they see it as extra precaution to disable boost in low RPM and low gear. Hope that helps, I read millions of posts and articles on it.
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Next

Return to Forced Induction