[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Need Some Boost Advice
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Need Some Boost Advice

Need Some Boost Advice

Postby sleepin2000 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:00 pm

I am currently running the quick but not quick enough 4psi of boost, a rod millen intake, and a TRD exhaust. I'm looking for advice on where I should go from here. I was thinking about increasing my boost with the smaller pulley and dropping in A JET performance chip. I don't know everything about engines so I could definately use some advice, thanks.
sleepin2000
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Hsakuragi » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:07 pm

look around aftermakert section and u will find BUNCH, yes BUNCH information. AND SEARCH

short ram intake = suck
TRD exhaust = no gain at all, you need full exhaust setup
perforamce chip? = waste money

what year is ur car?

you can get headers, y-pipe, or search around for URD = underdog racing development etc....

It's all depends on your wallet.
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Mole » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:22 am

work on your exhaust. that is the bottleneck.

primarily the stock Y pipe is complete trash design, however gets the most fuel efficiency going on.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Re: Need Some Boost Advice

Postby JoeB » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:04 am

sleepin2000 wrote:I am currently running the quick but not quick enough 4psi of boost, a rod millen intake, and a TRD exhaust. I'm looking for advice on where I should go from here. I was thinking about increasing my boost with the smaller pulley and dropping in A JET performance chip. I don't know everything about engines so I could definately use some advice, thanks.

I had the exact same setup. My next upgrade was the JP Performance complete exhaust (headers, y-pipe & exhaust). It helps immediately but even more as you do further upgrades including more boost. The next thing you should look at IMHO is the URD upgrade. http://www.urdusa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=0017&Category_Code=PERF. If you add up the cost of the individual parts, it's a GREAT deal and it was the biggest performance boost I've had since the sc. Most recently, I replaced the RMM intake with the Injen intake and Danny's cold air extension for it. -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Ragtop George » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:45 pm

Joe;

I am talking with Brian from URD right now. I have sent him pics of my 2002 fuel injectors to see if they are compatible. How much gain did you get from the URD mods?

George
2002 Solara Convertible Automatic
TRD Supercharger, 6 PSI pulley
Apexi WS exhaust, custom Y pipe
TRD RSB on "track" setting
Ragtop George
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby esculatus » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:51 pm

I have an auto transmission car... unfortunately... do u know where to get the transmission upgrades before I get these other upgrades?

Thanx
esculatus
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Ragtop George » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:55 pm

Brian was suggesting Import Performance Transmission. I haven't talked to them yet.

George
2002 Solara Convertible Automatic
TRD Supercharger, 6 PSI pulley
Apexi WS exhaust, custom Y pipe
TRD RSB on "track" setting
Ragtop George
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby JoeB » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:09 pm

Ragtop George wrote:Joe;

I am talking with Brian from URD right now. I have sent him pics of my 2002 fuel injectors to see if they are compatible. How much gain did you get from the URD mods?

George

George, the difference was night and day! My car was a slug, even with the 6psi pulley. Once I was going about 50-60 with overdrive off, it would scream. Below that, it really suffered. The only way to get the wheels to spin was to power brake it and then it was a chirp at best.

After the fuel mods, I needed to get the transmission beefed up. She screams!!! No power braking any more! Not only that, even when I'm rolling at like 20-40 mph and punch it, it pulls hard! The guys at the body shop asked how it ran. When I was leaving, they asked me to smoke'em. I live in a little country town and the stories are getting back to me about the cloud of smoke I left. 8) Of course the usual disclaimer, your mileage may differ but for me I feel it's the best thing I've done by far since the supercharger itself. -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JoeB » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:15 pm

esculatus wrote:I have an auto transmission car... unfortunately... do u know where to get the transmission upgrades before I get these other upgrades?

Thanx

That's a great idea! Gadget made me promise I would have my valve bodies recalibrated after the work he did. He did similar mods on his 4-Runner and snapped 2nd gear. The story is on his web page. Gadget recommended Level 10. I didn't know of any others. I am happy with the work they did. -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Forced Induction