[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Boost creep
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Boost creep

Boost creep

Postby JoeB » Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:17 am

I'm having a problem with boost creep and I'm looking for opinions. The really cool thing about the roots type superchargers is the lack of lag. When you stomp it, you got it! If I have a 7psi puley, I should hit 7psi fairly early and it should hold at 7psi. My problem is, I hit 7psi then at high RPMs, the boost will creep up to 9.5-10lbs.

Although more boost may sound good, it is only good if the air is flowing. Simply more pressure in the chamber is actually bad. So far, the best explanation I've heard is that the exhaust gasses are not being scavenged quick enough. The 2 components to that are the exhaust system (headers/y-pipe/cat/catback) and the exhaust valves. Since I have the full JPP setup, I'm convinced that isn't the issue unless my cat is getting clogged. I'm more conviced it would be the exhaust valves. I'm hoping I can get your opinions. TIA -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby EricSol » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:32 am

My 7 gives me about 7.5 psi at redline, hmmm. Before exhaust and heads my 5.5 would spike to around 7 at redline.
2004 Pontiac GTO 408ci 535 whp all motor
1999 Solara 296 whp
EricSol
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby esculatus » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:25 pm

funnie, I just changed the pulley yesterday and my PSI reading is always 1psi or .5 psi less ... I think it must be the gauge because when I turn my car off, the needle is about a little bit to the left of 0.
esculatus
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Forced Induction