[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ripp supercharger
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

ripp supercharger

ripp supercharger

Postby prowlerartist » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:40 pm

I had someone tell me that the 4 cyl solara does 0-60 in approximately 8-9 seconds with the ripp supercharger. This doesnt sound right to me. I timed my car and i was getting high 8's with only free flow exhaust. Am I off or is the guy i was talking to?
prowlerartist
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JoeB » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:02 am

I don't really know since I have a V6, I haven't followed it very close. I would think it should be a little quicker than stock but 0-60 is all low end and the turbo will take time to spool up. It seems many people with turbos use nitrous on the low end to increase boost until the turbo can spool up. Are you going to put in that turbo? -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby prowlerartist » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:43 am

well I was thinking about it, but i would need the power in the 0-60 range. It is actually a supercharger not a turbo. I dont race the car, i just wanted more power for things like getting on the freeway or accelerating hard sometimes. 4 grand just doesnt seem worth such a small increase.
prowlerartist
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jon11582 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:01 pm

Anyone got a solid 0-60 for the Solara with the 5SFE, or the 2AZ, stock, manual or auto?

I havent been able to find out, and all ive heard are guesses. Id do it myself, but stopwatchs are in short supply around here. Ive heard everything from a flat 8 to "over 10 seconds", and the truth is probably somewhere in between.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SolaraT » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:08 pm

When I get my car back from the shop I'l do a rough estimate by simply using a stop watch. This would be with the mods I have though.

Post up your times if you get around a stop watch or something.

Anywayzzzz. The rippmods Super Charger is not spooled via the exaust headers like a Turbo. It's a supercharger. It's made to spool via pulley and belt. No lag according to ripp mods and the power is felt throughout all rpms. .

According to a hp/weight ratio formula it would be aproximatly 6.8 seconds. Again that is only an estimate. It has proven pretty accurate with other vehicles though.

Who told you that powerartist?
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT
Solaraguy need mo power guy

Postby JoeB » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:34 am

Well, I looked into it a little and you're right, nice unit! If I had a 4cyl and really wanted to keep the car and build it up, I would DEFINITELY go this route. It looks like a great system even including the fuel system upgrade and EMS. However to be totally honest, if I had a 4 cyl, I'd have to trade up for a V6 and build from there. The car still weighs about the same, you're spending just as much and getting less hp. -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SolaraT » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:34 pm

True. If I would not have payments at this point in my Solara's life I would have defiantly traded up for a faster car altogether by now. Unfortunately In my case I owe more than the car is worth to trade up. :evil: Went upside down with my Camry trade-in years back and would still be upside down now. :wink: So for what I got, (Gona keep it till it dies) Ripp is defiantly a dream come true. Especially since people would not expect the 4cyl to compete with any sports car. There are very limited amount of people that own boosted Solaras or Camry’s for that matter and is the main reason why I love my car. (soon to be Sleeper) & (Different)

You’re right it's only 110lb lighter than the 1mz! Defiantly would need some weight reduction later-on.
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT

Postby prowlerartist » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:55 pm

shookk told me from the ripp forum. He said he timed it and he got arround 8-9 sec 0-60 times. I would almost deffinitely get one if it was that 6.8 that you think it is. It suprises me that ripp doesnt know these numbers. Does anyone know what the supercharged 6cyl's 0-60 is?
prowlerartist
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jon11582 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:17 pm

I dont know the power curve, but theyre claiming 220HP+ w/ the SC (Cant find torque numbers).

The 1MZFE is 200HP and does it in 7.0, so 6.8 sounds more right than 8 or 9.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SolaraT » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:43 pm

Yeah they were not too happy with the sale results/response to the kit so I can see why they would not put more effort. They only have one camry test vehicle and they use it as their daily commuter.

Checkout my post in the aftermarket upgrades section in regard to a proposal I want to make Ross. I have a feeling that he is going to make one last final sale to end all sales. He is not making money having kits lying around.

Just my gut feeling.

You can see the Tq line on the dyno they have posted.
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT

Postby SolaraT » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:06 pm

eeeewwwww!!!! I just did 0 - 60 and timed it using the second flashes from the clock and hit 12 seconds! Now that was slightly up hill with 1/4 full trunk of grocerys. Next time I'll get the car ready for a good run. I'm definatly taking off my fog lights since I notice the car pull harder without them on. (CAI).

Anyways... Anyone else trying anything this weekend?

I think 8 seconds might be sounding right on with the stage 1 kit.
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT

Return to Forced Induction