[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Ram Air
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Ram Air

Postby cruze105 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:15 am

Those with the CAI, do u you guyz have problems when it rains, water getting sucked in in the cai?
cruze105
SolaraGuy JerseyMan
SolaraGuy JerseyMan

Postby Astro » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:12 am

I still haven't experienced any rain since I installed it and I don't expect it to any time soon. I think you should be fine, your only worry would be the filter be submerged in water. Rain hitting the filter isn't much of a problem from what I hear.

Larry
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby whiteflash » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:55 am

GOOD TO HEAR ... :bday:
Injen w/CAI Extension
Vogtland Springs
Tokico Struts
Custom Full exhaust
TWM Shortshiftter
8000K HID Kit
whiteflash
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TadS » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:23 am

cruze105 wrote:Those with the CAI, do u you guyz have problems when it rains, water getting sucked in in the cai?

I did a custom CAI extension on my car. I have had it in for more than 5k miles without any troubles, rain or shine. I think as long as you don't get the intake point too crazy low you should be ok. :D
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Astro » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:05 am

The Mad Installa wrote:Hey Larry, I drove one of the guys' camry on saturday with the same set up as you, and damn, thought of you, after hearing the sc with the extension screaming........

Don't you love it! I wish you had the s/c and the CAI extension, because I know you'd definately have some fun with it!!!

Larry
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby TRDCamry » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:17 pm

I let Milt loose on the Freeway with my S/C Camry w/CAI and let me tell you, he went nuts. He was flyin at above 100 and changing lanes. Milt start savin up buddy, you'd have more fun with that stuff on your Solara than anyone.
Here's a link for info and pics of my 1999 Camry:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t44068.html

Sohil
TRDCamry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Astro » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:13 am

I'm sure Milt would love to turn down the bass to hear the s/c whine!!!! Maybe if he got one, he wouldn't be such a post whore!!!! LOL!!! :lol:
ImageImage
Astro

Postby whiteflash » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:32 pm

yea im trying to get the s/c thats on ebay right now...i know exactly wat u mean i go nuts in my car form my house to my girls house around 10 miles
Injen w/CAI Extension
Vogtland Springs
Tokico Struts
Custom Full exhaust
TWM Shortshiftter
8000K HID Kit
whiteflash
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Forced Induction