[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 1MZ turbo
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

1MZ turbo

Postby SC V6 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:01 pm

how would that Solara change the oil? the turbo is right in the way
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Mole » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:07 pm

ScottV6 wrote:how would that Solara change the oil? the turbo is right in the way

im sure he put an oil filter rolocater kit on.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby geminimouse » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:17 pm

isn't that the relocator kit next to the turbo?
08 Accord Coupe
99 Solara Sold on 7/7/07
geminimouse
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Turbosolara » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:15 pm

The camry has better set up than the solara but the solara has more simple set up than the camry. However, so far i hear the camry runs very very well, no problem at all. but for me it seens have to really concern about the heating problem because there is no room

I think T66 turbo can pump out up to 600+HP. lots of supra have this single turbo kit instead the twin.
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby Rudy » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:56 pm

The Bogey Man wrote:i think the wing is fine there.

if the car's muscle can back it up, then let it be.

That wing will give no positive improvement to handling at speeds under 200 miles per hour.

It has no practical purpose.
99 Solara V6 5SPD
Rudy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby swimshady906 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:40 pm

Rudy wrote:
That wing will give no positive improvement to handling at speeds under 200 miles per hour.

It has no practical purpose.

There is no doubt in my mind his car will be fast as nuts... let it go.
02' S2000 Silverstone
00' SE V6 Silverstream - sold :(

We race because Basketball, Baseball, Football and Soccer only require one ball.
swimshady906
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby supamouse09 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:08 pm

definately for show. personally i am not a fan of those super flying wings. but that doesnt look to bad. not when he has a turbo to back it up.
supamouse09
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TRD_solaRa » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:47 pm

UltraslowSolara wrote:The camry has better set up than the solara but the solara has more simple set up than the camry. However, so far i hear the camry runs very very well, no problem at all. but for me it seens have to really concern about the heating problem because there is no room

I think T66 turbo can pump out up to 600+HP. lots of supra have this single turbo kit instead the twin.

Eh, I think that James' Solara (V6 TURBO) has a bit more of a sweeter set-up than the Camry. The Camry's engine bay looks a little too cluttered with the turbo in the place of the battery . . . anyways, a 1MZ-FE will never be able to push anywhere near 600+ HP . . . just not meant for it. Even if he "built the motor". Last I heard . . . James had problems with some tuning issues (among other things). I wouldn't doubt it being that he's running 12 psi on two blown O2 sensors. He's selling it too . . . if not sold already. Peace.
TRD_solaRa
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MalBandito99 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:09 am

What a bunch of work and money. I'd put all that time together to make more money and that money spent on parts, all together, and get a M5.
MalBandito99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby arch.HI » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:53 am

TRD_solaRa wrote:Eh, I think that James' Solara (V6 TURBO) has a bit more of a sweeter set-up than the Camry. The Camry's engine bay looks a little too cluttered with the turbo in the place of the battery . . . anyways, a 1MZ-FE will never be able to push anywhere near 600+ HP . . . just not meant for it. Even if he "built the motor".

Nobody has put more time and money into research and development of a turbo 1MZ than Tony. What he's done with his car is truly amazing. It doesn't really matter if his setup looks "sweeter", what really matters is what works. And for that my money is on the Camry. For those that don't know, that engine is "built" by Tony himself and his goal is 600+ hp.
2000 Camry LE V6
TRD Supercharged
arch.HI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby swimshady906 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:24 am

TRD_solaRa wrote: . . . anyways, a 1MZ-FE will never be able to push anywhere near 600+ HP . . . just not meant for it. Even if he "built the motor".

Turbo magazine took the 1mz turbo/sc'd it and put it in an mr2 and it made over 1000 at the crank. :o
02' S2000 Silverstone
00' SE V6 Silverstream - sold :(

We race because Basketball, Baseball, Football and Soccer only require one ball.
swimshady906
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Rudy » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:31 am

swimshady906 wrote:
TRD_solaRa wrote: . . . anyways, a 1MZ-FE will never be able to push anywhere near 600+ HP . . . just not meant for it. Even if he "built the motor".

Turbo magazine took the 1mz turbo/sc'd it and put it in an mr2 and it made over 1000 at the crank. :o

proof...?
99 Solara V6 5SPD
Rudy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TRD_solaRa » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:37 am

Rudy wrote:
swimshady906 wrote:

proof...?

ditto . . .
TRD_solaRa
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JoeB » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:55 pm

I have the magazine at home (I'm on the road now - again). They actually twin charged it. It has the supercharger running I think 9psi and they have a twin turbo setup. It's a real monster. The motor is totally built as you could imagine. -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Forced Induction