[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Can people ride on stock struts w/ lowering springs?
This forum has frequently asked questions and stickies from all the Solara forums. Look here first to see if your question is answered or if the information you are looking for has already been posted.

Can people ride on stock struts w/ lowering springs?

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:23 am

Since this question keeps arising over and over again, I request the mods to add this to a stickey.

I know the obvious opinion is to say – it is more feasible/cheaper if you do the strut/spring install at the same time. However, that doesn’t answer this question.

Here's my IMO on this: Again, I’m referring to gen 1/1.5 Solaras.
Stock struts can be mated with lowered springs. Contrary to popular belief, the ride quality is not bouncy at all. I myself am currently on TRD springs (re-branded Eibach’s) with stock struts. I’ve got close to 10K miles on this setup. Thus far, everything is looking good. But in time I know my ride quality will get bouncy and that is when I expect to change my struts. Some people told me my ride quality would be bouncy within a few months, some told me within a few days (when the springs settled). I have proven all those false. I knew another dude who also had a similar setup who had close to 40K miles. Getting struts done at the time of the spring install is the best approach for some people. But I wanted to wear off my stock struts before I purchase aftermarket ones.

I requst the mods to make this (or your own writeup) a stickey as this question keeps popping every week or so...
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:23 pm

I bet the stickies would be overlooked still... I never look at them =P
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Return to Toyota Solara FAQs And Stickies