[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - S-afc install...
This forum has frequently asked questions and stickies from all the Solara forums. Look here first to see if your question is answered or if the information you are looking for has already been posted.

S-afc install...

Postby JoeB » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:37 pm

Letter T in the diagram that is floating around, labeled "TPS" it is blue. -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 808Camry » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:59 am

Krook you have to run through the initial setup for the throttle sensor to work.

BTW I've been playing with the settings. I have one question, I'm running lean while I'm at low or no throttle. The throttle percentage is at 10 and 50 percent (low and high respectively). Should I set the low % to zero that way it corrects it when i'm not on the pedal?

Also did anyone set the deceleration air or should I leave that alone since its more for turbo apps?
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JoeB » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:10 am

808Camry wrote:Krook you have to run through the initial setup for the throttle sensor to work.

BTW I've been playing with the settings. I have one question, I'm running lean while I'm at low or no throttle. The throttle percentage is at 10 and 50 percent (low and high respectively). Should I set the low % to zero that way it corrects it when i'm not on the pedal?

Also did anyone set the deceleration air or should I leave that alone since its more for turbo apps?

Ron, while I'm no expert on this, I'll offer my opinion/thoughts. The throttle point (default 10%-50%) tells the AFC which fuel map to use, low or high. It seems that most people have high fuel map settings but not low. When you take the car in for a dyno tune, they are all about the high map (full throttle) but the low map never gets set. I've thought about trying to get someone with a WBO2 sensor to adjust the low as well. I don't really understand what happens in the gap between 10% and 50% though. My guess is that the stock fuel map in the ECU is used and no fuel correction is applied from the AFC when you are between the high and low.

As for the deceleration air, I have tried to set that and had to take the settings back out both times. The first time I set it after the car was already warmed up. The next time I went to start the car (cold), it wouldn't stay running. On my second attempt, it was difficult to adjust because it wants you to take a reading at Ne1 (1000RPM default) with the engine cold. The problem is with throttle at 0, it is idling at 1300RPM cold so I used 0.1 as that number (lowest setting). It seemed to run well until the next time I started the car cold, it ran rough again and I backed out the setting again. Anyone else have any success with this? -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 808Camry » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:13 am

The Ne settings for Ne1 have to be greater than 1% I went down to zero and it just died out and threw a MAF malfunction error CEL.

As for the lo throttle, my fuel issues are at idle or when I'm coasting so 800-1600 RPM. I'm running stock boost with an Injen. I've been getting leaned out bank 1 and bank 2 codes ever since I put on the SC. I was running good for a few months but when the weahter changed and the temps dropped about 10 degrees that's when my CEL went forever on. I hope I can get this resolved.

Thanks Joe!
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Danny » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:13 pm

quick question about the afc install thing how many wires need to be hooked up to be able to see the display? Right now i have air in/ out both grounds the ignition and rpm signal, the only thing i can get is the little amber ligths to turn on... what am i missing??
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby JoeB » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:10 am

The only connections required to get the display are the red (power/ignition) wire and the brown and black ground wires. The rest are all sensors and intercepts for correction to the ECU. For those of you who are doing this install and follwing the wiring diagram, use wiring diagram T10-f on page 26. -JoeB

Danny wrote:quick question about the afc install thing how many wires need to be hooked up to be able to see the display? Right now i have air in/ out both grounds the ignition and rpm signal, the only thing i can get is the little amber ligths to turn on... what am i missing??
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GoT_TRD » Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:20 pm

I just picked up my AFC II today and have it mounted. I wont be wiring it until tomorrow since its late, but is there any suggestions or pointers out there i should follow? I dont know why, but my ECU Diagram is different from the ones that are posted here.. Im using the T8-F diagram on page 25...
-ChiNo-

R.I.P- 1/4/04 98 TRD Supercharged Camry. Boosted for only 4 days and loved it.
Pix @ http://photos.yahoo.com/mj29277

New ride- 93 SC300 w/ 1JZ GTE Swap
GoT_TRD
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Page 26 T 10-f

Postby solrchrgd » Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:57 am

I think you should use diagram T 10-f on Page 26...thats the one i used for my 2000 Solara. Someone correct me if I am wrong...

Bryan
solrchrgd
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GoT_TRD » Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:35 pm

I think you should use diagram T 10-f on Page 26...thats the one i used for my 2000 Solara. Someone correct me if I am wrong...

Bryan

I have a 98 Camry, so my ECU is different from the solara's... Am i supposed to use all of the wires that already have the connectors on them or just the white and yellow one?
-ChiNo-

R.I.P- 1/4/04 98 TRD Supercharged Camry. Boosted for only 4 days and loved it.
Pix @ http://photos.yahoo.com/mj29277

New ride- 93 SC300 w/ 1JZ GTE Swap
GoT_TRD
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

7 wires

Postby solrchrgd » Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:09 pm

I used 7 wires Red(power), Green(RPM), Gray(Throttle signal), Brown & Black(Ground), Yellow & White(Air Flow/Pressure Sensor). Hopefully someone with a 98 Camry can help you out.
solrchrgd
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SolaraT » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:13 pm

Is this product you all are talking about not the same as ....

"Jet V-Force Power Control Module - 4cyl or 6cyl - 20mhz RISC microprocessor optimizes the ignition spark advance and recalibrates the fuel map for optimum horsepower and acceleration"

Another option is you can also send in your car's ECU to JET and they program for optimum performance it and sent it back to you.

Thanks,

Louis
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT
Solaraguy need mo power guy

Postby Yanks0114 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:57 pm

solarat wrote:Is this product you all are talking about not the same as ....

"Jet V-Force Power Control Module - 4cyl or 6cyl - 20mhz RISC microprocessor optimizes the ignition spark advance and recalibrates the fuel map for optimum horsepower and acceleration"

Another option is you can also send in your car's ECU to JET and they program for optimum performance it and sent it back to you.

Thanks,

Louis

Completely different, the jet stuff is useless for our platform
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby SolaraT » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:12 am

Hey Yanks,
Why useless? They have applications for our cars and offer to send in your own ECU to them for reprograming. Has this not worked for some people or something?
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT

Postby Yanks0114 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:52 am

solarat wrote:Hey Yanks,
Why useless? They have applications for our cars and offer to send in your own ECU to them for reprograming. Has this not worked for some people or something?

Its over priced and it can not be custom done based on your mods. A S-AFC provides a lot more control and you can set it up based on your specific car.

Also I have a few friends that didn't get any results from the jet chip on different platforms.

There are much better alternatives
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Previous

Return to Toyota Solara FAQs And Stickies