[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - S-afc install...
This forum has frequently asked questions and stickies from all the Solara forums. Look here first to see if your question is answered or if the information you are looking for has already been posted.

S-afc install...

Postby happy_aggies » Fri May 23, 2003 7:37 am

:drinking:
ScottV6,

The Wiring Diagram (the one that has #43) indicates the wire color of S-AFC.
So you T-Tap the Green wire (RPM) from S-AFC to (I) Black/Orange (RPM) from ECU.

Black and Brown (Ground) wire from S-AFC to Brown wire from ECU.
Red wire (Power) from S-AFC to (B) Red wire (12V Ignition) from ECU.

Throtle signal (Grey) from S-AFC is t-tapped to Speed Sensor (S) Purple/White from ECU.

==> Don't do this until you are ready to use S-AFC. This is where the S-AFC controls/override the airflow. so you can connect all wires but this one until you want it to run.

CUT (NOT T-Tap) (P) Air Flow Meter (Pink) from ECU then connect one end (of Pink ECU wire) with White wire (Airflow) from S-AFC and the other end with Yellow wire (Airflow) from S-AFC.
'99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby happy_aggies » Fri May 23, 2003 7:39 am

:drinking:
ScottV6,

The Wiring Diagram (the one that has #43) indicates the wire color of S-AFC.
So you T-Tap the Green wire (RPM) from S-AFC to (I) Black/Orange (RPM) from ECU.

Black and Brown (Ground) wire from S-AFC to Brown wire from ECU.
Red wire (Power) from S-AFC to (B) Red wire (12V Ignition) from ECU.

Throtle signal (Grey) from S-AFC is t-tapped to Speed Sensor (S) Purple/White from ECU.

==> Don't do this until you are ready to use S-AFC. This is where the S-AFC controls/override the airflow.
so you can connect all wires but this one until you want it to run.

CUT (NOT T-Tap) (P) Air Flow Meter (Pink) from ECU then connect one end (of Pink ECU wire)
with White wire (Airflow) from S-AFC
and the other end with Yellow wire (Airflow) from S-AFC.

PS: It's hard to explain if you have no idea what I am talking about so
Try to do it and if you get stuck let me know. PM me and I'll give u my cell.
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby krook » Fri May 23, 2003 12:38 pm

arief,

just to clear things up:

the yellow wire from the S-AFC II goes to the ECU's air flow meter wire (pink).

is that right?

and the white wire goes to the other end.

sooooo, yellow: ECU side
white: air flow meter side
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby happy_aggies » Tue May 27, 2003 9:34 am

That is correct krooked. :bday:
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby krook » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:27 pm

happy_aggies wrote:Image

The most left (PE) is the knock sensor.
Pls double check w/ ur S-AFC manual, I am pretty sure but it's been a while. (Anyone else can verify?)

just a quick discovery i made. use the above diagram. the one on happy agies imagestation install DOES NOT SHOW the knock sensor wire.

this is the original one: (NO "PE")
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby krook » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:36 pm

i just hooked up my S-AFCII last night, and when i monitor my throttle on the screen, it doesn't move at all....is something wrong??

also, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ENGLISH MANUALS for the S-AFCII????
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby happy_aggies » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:42 pm

Krooked,

If you compare the S-AFC I and II diagram,

The only difference is the Knock Sensor wire, which is the PE.

(Yay! the post made it to sticky... thx moderators!)
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby krook » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:11 pm

no, no, no...not the installation manuals. i already got it installed. i just want to know how to set things and what function is for what.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby happy_aggies » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:19 pm

I would not recommend to play around w/ S-AFC setting.
Get it dyno tune in the hand of the experts.
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JoeB » Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:10 pm

krooked Solara wrote:no, no, no...not the installation manuals. i already got it installed. i just want to know how to set things and what function is for what.

krooked, go to the A'PEXi link listed earlier in the thread from there scroll down in the docs list until you get to the docs for the S-AFC-II (must scroll down to see). There is the wiring diagrams and instruction manual, you want the instruction manual.

My question is: The wiring diagram doesn't list the Solara so how are you supposed to know thing s like sensor type and number? I wonder if these books are just written in English but for cars in other countries. They did that with the S-AFC-I then released a supplement.

happy_aggies, GREAT info! Thanks! I'm hoping I can get through the install just with the info you've provided. Without the information you provided, this would be impossible. It sounds like you are under the impression this info is in the manual. The S-AFC-II manual that came with my unit is the same as the one on the web and not only do they not list the Solara, they don't even have an application for a 1MZ-FE engine.

Can anyone go through their S-AFC-II and list the settings (please, please). I completely understand the tuning itself regarding the mixture needs to be done by a professional. I am taking my car in to have it dyno tuned but want to install it myself. I just need the setup information like sensor type, throttle type, etc... The shop that will dyno tune my car can do it with very little notice but will be a couple weeks until they can install the S-AFC-II that's why I want to do it myself (plus the money). THANKS!! -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby krook » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:01 am

joe,

does your S-AFCII manual come in ENGLISH???? i went to the apexi.com site and i tried to download the S-AFCII manual but i can't open the document. it's trying to open the japanese version manual, which i already have, which I DON'T NEED.

i'm assuming your manual doesn't come in english, since you wouldn't be asking those questions. if it does, by all means, please let me know.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby shidosha01 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:57 am

krooked Solara wrote:joe,

does your S-AFCII manual come in ENGLISH???? i went to the apexi.com site and i tried to download the S-AFCII manual but i can't open the document. it's trying to open the japanese version manual, which i already have, which I DON'T NEED.

i'm assuming your manual doesn't come in english, since you wouldn't be asking those questions. if it does, by all means, please let me know.

Lol....

I printed out the same thing before. You need to download the Japanese translator program for Adobe. They have it on Apexi's site. After you've downloaded that you should be fine.

Good Luck.
Rizal D. / Forever "tabasco"
99 V6 SE 5spd FT61 1MZ-FTE
393whp/445ft-lbs. TQ @15psi
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby JoeB » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:38 am

krooked, as Rizal said, you need the Japanese translator. I am running Acrobat reader version 6.0 and when I clicked on the link for the doc it automatically requested to download the (7MB) translator. Just wanted to clarify. When you open the document it is in English but there is NOTHING about the Solara.

If ANYONE could send setting info, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby happy_aggies » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:54 am

Setting info should be the same as S-AFC I,
I have not yet play around w/ it.

But it's pretty self explanatory once you get used to.
There are only two main buttons, click and rotate.
It's the same sequence as S-AFC just a bit fancier interface.

You can read the S-AFC I manual, and try to implement it on the S-AFC II.
Also the diagram flow helps.
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JoeB » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:50 am

The problem is, I don't have the settings for the S-AFC-I either. I have the manual and entering the settings look very easy. My problem is I don't know what I need to enter for the settings. If someone has a S-AFC-I or S-AFC-II manual that lists these settings, it would really help or even just write down the settings in their S-AFC. If you look at the books that are on line, they don't have a Solara application so I don't know any of the settings. Obviously, the settings regarding tuning will be unique to my car and will be taken care of during the dyno tune, what I am looking for are all of the basic settings for the Solara V6. Point me to a manaul or anything, right now I have nothing to go on. I was thinking about it and I really think that since Acrobat had to translate the manual, it wasn't even meant for North American cars. Most of the cars in the application guide I've never heard of. -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Toyota Solara FAQs And Stickies