[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Email notifications down.
This forum has frequently asked questions and stickies from all the Solara forums. Look here first to see if your question is answered or if the information you are looking for has already been posted.

Email notifications down.

Email notifications down.

Postby Down2TheC » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:08 am

The forum will not be sending out notices for PMs, thread watches, etc. for the near term.
We'll get this corrected soon, but we had to shut off the service due to hackers pushing spam mail through our server causing system slowness and a few crashes when we ran out of disk space. We'll start things up again once proper protections are in place to block outside mail connections.

http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: Email notifications down.

Postby Bdub215 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:31 pm

i got hit. couldnt access one of my e-mail accounts due to spam. still cant as of this writing.
Bdub215
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby gnegroni » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Roger that. No issues here, but I just subscribed to this post. LOL
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Down2TheC » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:25 pm

Not to worry, it wasn't spamming our members. It was using our server time and space to mail out the spam so it doesn't trace back to them. We only have one active email account on this server and it's for the forum to send out notices. Those "solaraguy.com" email addresses are actually provided by another service not related to our server or this hack.
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:09 am

Looks like OGs wont able to get updates anymore. :cry:
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:35 am

Down2TheC, does this effect any people who tries to join the forums??? Got some people on the SG FB page trying to joined but no email conformation.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Down2TheC » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:11 pm

Yup. They need the confirmation email so they can activate the account. Guess I should cruise over to that FB page and gather account names to activate manually. Thanks for the note.
For now I'll switch to Admin activation so it won't rely on email. (Which is now completely FUBAR.)
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Down2TheC » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:52 am

DSM_Lara wrote:Down2TheC, does this effect any people who tries to join the forums??? Got some people on the SG FB page trying to joined but no email conformation.

I've activated all user accounts since the email outage so they can sign in at will. Tell the folks on FB please.
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby DSM_Lara » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:09 pm

Will do sir.
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby keatingfee » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:24 am

Bdub215 wrote:i got hit. couldnt access one of my e-mail accounts due to spam. still cant as of this writing.

Cant access it as in your password has been changed or cant access it because the company said it has been used for spam so they are blocking access to it. If the first try typing in your email at the login and hitting "i forgot my passwor" this will let you reset it, if its the company block thing usually you can email their customer service and tell them you got hacked and didnt even know it and if they open it back up to you you promise to use a stronger password that wont be so easily targeted, it worked for a yahoo account of mine at least.
keatingfee
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Still have some guys with joining issue. Not sure what's wrong...
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:41 pm

Bump
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby calinours » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 pm

I changed my email address for the account I use (99TRDLBGP#6of35) and now I can't access it because I didn't get the activation e-mail. So, I had to sign in using an old username I don't use. Please help! I tried sending a PM to the admin, but the message just sits in my Outbox, never going to my sent folder (I don't think it's sending).

Thanks,
-Nick
99TRDLBGP#6of35
a.k.a. Calinours
calinours
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Down2TheC » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:54 pm

Working w/ provider... stand by please.
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby michaels artic frost » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Had some emails in my inbox and didn't even know it.

Any luck Mike?
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Next

Return to Toyota Solara FAQs And Stickies