[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - XERD HEADERS RELEASED! PICS INSIDE!
This forum has frequently asked questions and stickies from all the Solara forums. Look here first to see if your question is answered or if the information you are looking for has already been posted.

XERD HEADERS RELEASED! PICS INSIDE!

Postby XERD » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:06 pm

shidosha01

No problem, we will do a new group buy once we have the dyno results and start a new list. The list above was just to keep track of who was interested so far.

Thanx, Eyal
XERD
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby chef solara » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:36 pm

What's up with the dyno results??
chef solara

Postby XERD » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:56 pm

Well, the dyno place didnt have time this week and next week we will be gone to SEMA for 2-3 days so we will dyno the car next friday.

It is all set for next week and by friday night we will post the dyno results.

Thanx, Eyal
XERD
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mossy » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:37 pm

Hey XERD, It would help alot if you would put dates, some times its tough to follow on the post, not to say I dont know how to use the calendar, but release dates, and dyno dates, posted would be awesome.
[Silverstars|Nokya Yellow Fogs|Black Clear Corners|Pioneer DEH-P7700MP|Kicker 15" CompVR|Hifonics Amp|Knuconceptz]
Mossy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MNSolara » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:29 pm

simply put...I need a freakin' money tree!!! hahaha.
KMC Evolution (17x7.5) rims | Michelin XGT Z4 tread (P225/50ZR17) | Eclipse CD3422 Deck | JL Audio 12W3v2 Woofer | Alpine VR 1505 amp | Stinger 4 Awg Wire | Sylvania Silverstar H4 & 9006 headlamps | Injen Intake
MNSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 808Camry » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:23 pm

Hey Eyal,

What is the diameter of the headers?
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby XERD » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 am

Hello,

I got an official update for everyone.

We got back from SEMA today and had enough time to install the headers on our test car, the results are AMAZING.

The fit is great, cant get much better then that. First thing we noticed right away when we started up the car is that is sound 100% the same as a stock Solara. There was no increase in sound what so ever.

We got in the car, put it in gear and went for a little drive. All i can say is WOW, what a difference the headers made. I personally dont like hyping up a product too much but i couldn't resist this time, this car is a beast.

We knew it would add power but never thought it would add that much, the car feels incredibly stronger. Keep in mind that our test car is a stock auto v6 Solara and even in D (drive) we spun and smoked the wheels, it has that much more power. On the freeway the car just flys.

So far we put 170 miles on the car with the headers (yes, in one day) and so far no check engine light, we will keep testing just to make sure. If a check engine light becomes an issue we already have an o2 simulator made for it just in case.

Words cant describe how much more powerful the car is, it is truly something you have to experience for yourself. I can honestly say that so far our headers for the Solara has shown the most impressive results to date.

We are scheduled to dyno the car this coming Tuesday so we can finally finish up this product and get going on the group buy.

I will update everyone on Tuesday.

Thanx, Eyal
XERD
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby XERD » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:46 am

For anyone who wants to see pictures of the headers installed on the car go here:

http://community.webshots.com/user/xerd

Thank you, Eyal
XERD
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Fletch » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:38 pm

How difficult was the installation? Did they slide in or did you all have to drop the K-frame or something.
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

(Totaled) '99 SE V6, TRD S/C, 5.5 psi Pulley, Jim's Fuel Upgrade, TRD Shortshifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Tokico / Eibach, TRD RSB, 2.5" Custom Y-Pipe, Greddy Cat-Back
Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby XERD » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:04 pm

The install is not that bad, took us 3 hours. I would highly recommend to have a shop do the install and not to do it yourself if you have never installed headers before.

The rear headers need to be installed first and then the front ones. You will also need to remove the fans (or move it aside while you install) in order to have enough room for the front headers to go in. These are very simple things to do however if you have never worked on your car before we recommend that you take it to a shop.

You really need a lift in order to install these headers, it is not like installing an intake.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks, Eyal
XERD
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby boneezy » Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:28 pm

so since SEMA ends this week (it was the SH!T btw!...LOLz.. :lol: :lol: ) Dyno runs start next wk ya?..... thanks eyal!

keep up the good werk bah!
1999 SE-V6 5spd
160,xxx miles
boneezy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chef solara » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:35 pm

What about your Catback?
Is it on the car also?
What size is it?
And Last, if you dont make one, I can always get the JP one to fit right up to your headers right?
chef solara

Postby XERD » Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:26 pm

We do have an exhaust system for the Solara but it is not released yet.

The headers is the first item to be released for the Solara, then the exhaust and then the intake.

Right now the test car is 100% stock besides our headers on it.

Our exhaust system should be released by the end of the year and it is a 3 inch system. You dont have to purchase our exhaust system, you can use the stock or any other after market system with our headers.

Thanx, Eyal
XERD
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Yanks0114 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:05 pm

wait, you said you feel great gains just on the stock solara??

Any intentions to tested a boosted solara, because thats where most of your market will be
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby XERD » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:20 pm

The car that we are dynoing tomorrow is stock (with our headers only). We dont have a supercharged Solara to test on however if you do have a supercharger then your car should show much better results then the stock Solara.

The engine revs so much faster and keeps you at higher RPM's which i am sure will really wake up any supercharged Solara.

Thanx, Eyal
XERD
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Toyota Solara FAQs And Stickies