[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.
This forum has frequently asked questions and stickies from all the Solara forums. Look here first to see if your question is answered or if the information you are looking for has already been posted.

True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.

Postby alext14 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:51 pm

Hey when I ordered my extension piece I forgot to ask what color its going to be, I'm assuming its probably polished silver, right?
alext14
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby JoeB » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:18 pm

Yes it is polished. I had the same discussion with Matt as Scott did. It sounds like they will be doing some nice stuff for our cars and keeping the prices affordable. You guys should check out their web site. It's a new web site so the content is still being worked on. As they come out with new parts, they should be listed there. As long as there is demand, they'll make more. Now that they have the jig made, it is easy for them to produce more. Their web site is http://www.upfd.com/ -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Danny » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:42 am

Hey guys, due to the demand from the solara community we will be producing more items for the solara, first off more intakes will be produced so if you didn't get one this time around then be patient, also coming up are the billet resevoirs for coolant and power steering they look crazy also on the boards are aluminum radiator hoses, ive included a picture of my top radiator pipe, my lower one is getting finished you guys will see all finished products on my car before they are sold... heres a pic :)
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby all_red » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:55 am

Thats sweet!!
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Fenix » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:55 am

Danny,
Is there any available CAI left?
I've just found out about the availability now...and can't call out during worktime.

Thanks.
R.I.P baby.
Here come the black on black 5spds. New era....
Fenix
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby thealkimo » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:02 pm

Has it been confirmed that this CAI extension will be compatible with the I4? Thanks.
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SolaraT » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:47 pm

thealkimo wrote:Has it been confirmed that this CAI extension will be compatible with the I4? Thanks.

No not confirmed. I ordered one and when I get it I will custom connect it and test out. It might not reach as close as to the v6 short ram so I'm going to talk with my performance shop and see what they recomend for me. If sucessfull I'll let you know with what I did it with so you can do the same.

EDIT: OK it looks like this is the item we would need to get it connected to the Injen I4 short ram. This is a 2.25" 45 degree silicone turbo intercooler hose. $15.00 on ebay. Once I install it I'll post a new thread on this project.
Last edited by SolaraT on Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT
Solaraguy need mo power guy

Postby thealkimo » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:17 am

solarat wrote:
thealkimo wrote:Has it been confirmed that this CAI extension will be compatible with the I4? Thanks.

No not confirmed. I ordered one and when I get it I will custom connect it and test out. It might not reach as close as to the v6 short ram so I'm going to talk with my performance shop and see what they recomend for me. If sucessfull I'll let you know with what I did it with so you can do the same.

Thanks, hope something works out 8)
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SolaraT » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:40 pm

In case anyone was wondering why you did not get yours yet? I called and they said that all are being packed tonight and being shipped tommorow with tracking info. This gave me time to get that silicone hose.
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT

Postby SC V6 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:08 pm

from where r u getting the hoses??? are they red by chance?
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby SolaraT » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:05 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2462520334

I'm getting them from Chris. Here is his ebay link. He is realy cool. Call him @ 509-218-6947 for your special requests and pricing. You can pretty much get any color you want. I got a black one from him 2.25" ID w/45 degree bend. I also got the one in the pic from someone else for only $15.00 but its not the size i need. That one is 2.50" ID and don't want the flow of the intake to be different. I got it for the heck of it just for trial and error type thing.

EDIT: correction: 2.50" is the size everyone needs. 2.25 will not wrap around the pipe at all since it is the exact same inside diameter. Can't wait to get it. 8)
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT

Postby gnaw_divad » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:45 pm

I would like to buy an extension for the injen, but i need a red one.. Is that possible..

Solara v6

THANKS
gnaw_divad
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SolaraT » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:00 pm

I don't think they have any color ones at all right now. Call them to find out if they even have polished ones left. They sold like hot cakes.
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT

has anyone received their CAI yet

Postby bfl62581 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:22 pm

Has anyone received their CAI yet? I do not think I have even been billed for it. Odd.
bfl62581
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SolaraT » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:41 pm

Nope. Suposavly they were shipped but I don't got mine yet either but have been billed already. Can someone get all the tracking numbers at once and post them? I am tired of calling them.
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT

PreviousNext

Return to Toyota Solara FAQs And Stickies