[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.
This forum has frequently asked questions and stickies from all the Solara forums. Look here first to see if your question is answered or if the information you are looking for has already been posted.

True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.

Postby alext14 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:44 pm

I would definately be in for the full CAI system. I have a couple of questions though. Will the full CAI look just like the Injen intake with the extension piece that you have pictures of, or will it be different. And would it be possible to get a picture of the full CAI that goes to the fender, because I only see the CAI that goes behind the fog light in the pictures. Thnks
alext14
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DavPak » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:06 pm

hrm, sounds really chill.
for now, count me in for an Injen adapter, and i might want a heat shield too.
thanks for all your work danny, the community is in your debt!
'02 Solara S/C'ed V6 5-spd
DavPak
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Danny » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:17 pm

alext14 wrote:I would definately be in for the full CAI system. I have a couple of questions though. Will the full CAI look just like the Injen intake with the extension piece that you have pictures of, or will it be different. And would it be possible to get a picture of the full CAI that goes to the fender, because I only see the CAI that goes behind the fog light in the pictures. Thnks

Hey bud, i actually worked with injen to create the full intake systems, we are using the injens short ram design and then our design extension piece..... and the fender is the same thing as behind the fog light that would be considered your drivers side fender.
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby all_red » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:41 pm

so your saying if we have injen intake the filter will be behind the drivers fog light, but if we get the full kit the filter will be on the passenger's side?
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Danny » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:51 pm

all_red wrote:so your saying if we have injen intake the filter will be behind the drivers fog light, but if we get the full kit the filter will be on the passenger's side?

How did you get so confused??? wether you have the extension piece for the injen intakes or if you buy the full kit the filter will be in the exact same place. In the front left fender area. i can't give you an exact discription of where it is. its about 10" behind and up from the fog light that about the best description i have.
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby JoeB » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:55 pm

Danny, have you done a before and after dyno? So far it seems that every other attempt at a CAI has led to a reduction of hp. I'm primarily interested in lowering intake temperature which will increase hp but I'm also hoping there isn't a decrease. Any problems tuning air/fuel? How does it sound?

As long as there isn't a significant hp loss, count me in for the full intake setup. THANKS!!!! -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby all_red » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:03 pm

this confused me

2. We will also be offering a full intake setup from the throttle body down to the front right fender,

I assumed right side of car
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Danny » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:14 pm

Hey peeps im out for the night ill reply to all your comments tom. morning have a great night.

Havent had a chance to do dyno yet, wasn't really planning to. But ill see what i can do, the sound is relatively the same little more sucking sound but thats about it. Umm as far as hp decrease from what i felt, driving the vehicle would be an increase, feel crisper more responsive etc. i like it, i will only do things to benefit my cars performance, therefore what i have available to sell i will proudly stand behind. :)

-danny

sorry bout the confusion... im talking as if facing the car.
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 808Camry » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:49 am

Danny, I want the extension. Let me know the total with shipping to Honolulu, HI 96816, and also your payment method. Thanks!
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SC V6 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:36 am

Have you perfected the brackets to hold the intake also? Because I know that for a while there was a problem with those
Later
Scott
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby HKSV6SLE » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:46 pm

i might be interested once a few more ppl install it and see how it works out....
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Samuel » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:56 pm

I have had 2 problems with CAI and I wonder if you have experienced the same, and if so have they been solved.

1. Running lean: The increase in air lead to running lean. Some have said that the MAF sensor has to be tricked in order to prevent leaning. The result when I had run a CAI was a major hp loss (20hp), lean running condition. But it did sound better.

2. Squeaking: The piping going through the fender well rubs like a mofo and made a squeaking sound whenever you go over bumps. Have you had that problem?

Thanks
Samuel

Postby MGLax13 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:33 pm

Like HKSV6SLE, I'll be in once a few people install it.
MGLax13
SolaraGuy Solara13
SolaraGuy Solara13

Postby Danny » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:02 pm

problem number one:
I had no problem with a lean fuel mixture, car ran fan, havent felt any hp loss what so ever. I will look into doing a dyno run, but i wasn't planning on it.

Never had any problem with squeeking, i did modify my fender though ( cut a little bit its plastic so it was pretty easy... )

sorry to announce but due to the holidays intake release will be pushed back..

And in order to produce the full intake system i need 15 names, doesn't mean i need money i just need names that will be interested ..
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby alext14 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:36 pm

Well I would be interested in the full CAI system, but it would have to depend on how much it would be. Danny, can you at least give like a ball park figure of how much the full CAI system might be.
alext14
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Toyota Solara FAQs And Stickies