[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.
This forum has frequently asked questions and stickies from all the Solara forums. Look here first to see if your question is answered or if the information you are looking for has already been posted.

True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.

Postby SolaraT » Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:35 pm

I'm in for an extension piece!! Danny, you got e-mail with my info.

I'll be the first to try it on the 5S-FE and custom connect it w/hose to the Injen short ram. It appears to lay almost in the same position. If it does not work out I can always resell it. :wink: This is exciting!
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT
Solaraguy need mo power guy

Postby thealkimo » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:12 pm

If the CAI extension works on the your 5SFE, I'll be the second!
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JoeB » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:16 pm

GREAT news! I talked to the fabricator that is making the cold air extensions today and they said that the 15 extensions might be in as early as next week! If you haven't sent an email to Danny to put your name on the list, you might want to do that right away. His email is listed earlier in this thread. My understanding is there are ONLY 15, not to say that they won't make more of them, I'll let Danny respond to that. As promissed, I want to keep you up to date on the progress. -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Airwalk1421 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:04 pm

Thanks Joe-B for keeping us updated. I appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else does too, however, have you heard anything about the full intake system, which includes the short ram?
Airwalk1421
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby JoeB » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:03 am

Airwalk1421 wrote:Thanks Joe-B for keeping us updated. I appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else does too, however, have you heard anything about the full intake system, which includes the short ram?

The full system doesn't really have anything to do with the delivery of the extension other than Danny needed to wait for the fabricator to have the extension so he could offer it as part of the full kit. My understanding was that you would be able to buy the full system from Danny for less than you could buy the extension then buy the Injen short-ram seperatly. So if you didn't already have an Injen short-ram, you'd be able to buy the whole kit from Danny for less. As far as availability on the full system, I'll have to let Danny reply to that. Remember, I'm not really part of this deal, I'm just like you, a very interested party.

The main reason I'm so interested is because this is the only CAI solution for this platform. Well, the only solution that locates the air intake in the correct spot. Cold air should come from front low. Simply moving the air filter slightly further away from the engine will offer just that "slight improvement". It will still be at the top of the engine right where all that heat is trapped. Moving the filter to the low-front gets the filter before all of the heat producing elements in the engine and low enough to get away from the built up heat when the car is stopped. The other reason is all of Danny's testing on this application. -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby xtychx » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:53 pm

wish it would come in soon so I could get it expressed ship - im heading to the track on sunday!

-xtychx
xtychx
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Danny » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:33 pm

ok boys n girls, my cars going in the shop tom. / thursday for two reasons replacing my clutch and second the most important is that there are a few extensions available FINISHED so heres the deal i will be bringing my digital camera and taking pictures so that everyone can see how to install it and so more importantly see how it looks.

i think there is currently only about 5 ready, i know that one is mine ;) and these are the names that i have for the first 4.
1. Joe Bailer - ill let you know how much
2. David Witt -
3. Sohil Patel - i know you wanted the full kit ill see what i can do for you.
4. Scott Brenner

the 4 of you please confirm with me by Private message that you still want this item.

for all others please email me your name and information so that i could put you on my list, and do this in the fairest manner.

Thanks for all your patients everyone.
-danny
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Danny » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:34 pm

ok boys n girls, my cars going in the shop tom. / thursday for two reasons replacing my clutch and second the most important is that there are a few extensions available FINISHED so heres the deal i will be bringing my digital camera and taking pictures so that everyone can see how to install it and so more importantly see how it looks.

i think there is currently only about 5 ready, i know that one is mine ;) and these are the names that i have for the first 4.
1. Joe Bailer - ill let you know how much
2. David Witt -
3. Sohil Patel - i know you wanted the full kit ill see what i can do for you.
4. Scott Brenner

the 4 of you please confirm with me by Private message that you still want this item.

for all others please email me your name and information so that i could put you on my list, and do this in the fairest manner.

Thanks for all your patients everyone.
-danny
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Eddiman » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:49 pm

okay one question....will these injen extention packages work for the 2002 i4 solara ? and how much are they because if it does fit....i will shed the meager cash i have ( since im a broke college student :( ) to get one
Eddiman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Eddiman » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:50 pm

okay these cai extensions will they work for the 2002 solara 14?

Because If they do work, I am willing to shed the meager cash I got (since im a broke college student :( ) and purchase one.....
Eddiman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SolaraT » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:05 pm

Eddiman wrote:okay these cai extensions will they work for the 2002 solara 14?

Because If they do work, I am willing to shed the meager cash I got (since im a broke college student :( ) and purchase one.....

I'll take this one...
Start from the beginning of the thread and you'll get the answer 2 your question. I think you should go to this thread for your request.

http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/viewtopic.php?t=6422

You got a 2AZ-FE engine BTW.
:wink:
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT

Postby dan99solara » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:13 pm

is the full CAI still available and how much?
1999 Solara V6 5spd 155k miles
TEIN springs. thats it.
dan99solara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby xtychx » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:45 am

Whoohoo finally! I am very excited to get this baby! Now if XERD can get those headers in my hands i'll be all set!

-xtychx
xtychx
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Definetly in

Postby whiteflash » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:18 pm

Hey danny whats up im ddefinetely in i got a 01 solara with injen intake all i need is that extension part ......tell me where to send the check to or watever
Injen w/CAI Extension
Vogtland Springs
Tokico Struts
Custom Full exhaust
TWM Shortshiftter
8000K HID Kit
whiteflash
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Definetly in

Postby whiteflash » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:19 pm

oh yea its a v6 my bad