[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.
This forum has frequently asked questions and stickies from all the Solara forums. Look here first to see if your question is answered or if the information you are looking for has already been posted.

True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.

Postby Peter » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:41 am

im with alex, once i get a ball park price, ill make my decision on weather being interested or not.
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Fenix » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:56 am

I'm in for the whole CAI pending the price.
Fenix
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby kondo » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:26 pm

did you remove the fog light to make the filter fit? Also do you have the cover on your fog light or is that the whole idea of your system( Injen adapted kit)? In the last pic it looks like there is no light or fog light cover.

Thanks
Nick
kondo
SolaraGuy StickerGuy
SolaraGuy StickerGuy

Postby krazeee1707 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:22 pm

I'm in for the injen extension. Let me know a price, and we'll see.
krazeee1707
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Danny » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:42 pm

you can run the system with or without the foglight
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

INJEN INTAKE EXTENSION FIT 97-99 CAMRY 2.2 L 5SFE ENGINE

Postby TRD_Rob » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:38 am

Hi:

Will the Injen Extension fit 2.2L 5sfe engine. I have a 98 Camry with TRD package and really want the Cold Air Intake.

I am sure alot of my coleagues at Camrman's Passing Lane would be intereste in the Cold Air Intake also.

Let me know and I will post the resilts there to get a count of how many.

Thanks
TRD_Rob

robert61mcse@yahoo.com
TRD_Rob

Postby Danny » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:33 pm

as far as what cars this fits i have a 1mzfe solara i made this for my car, so that others could benefit from it. I did not make this piece for any other motor if it fits on other motors then yay but idont go out trying it on every car, look at pictures and use your best judgement to see if it will fit or not. We might possibly look into making the 4cyl extension but that will be a few months down the road.

Have a good thanksgiving everyone.
-danny
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby samuel » Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:11 pm

Danny,
My comment is related to an earlier one that I made on this thread which you responded to regarding running lean. I should have been more specific in saying that I think the problem with running lean with the CAI may be more of an issue for supercharged solara's as opposed to n/a solara. I don't know what mods you have. I just wanted to clear that up.
samuel

Postby Danny » Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:47 pm

I have not noticed any performance losses wether running lean or loosing hp. I also dont think that adding an 18" extension pipe to an already existing intake will cause a vehicle to run any leaner then it already would be if so, and that goes for naturally aspirated or s/c engines, its sole purpose it to allow cold air into the intake it will not add a signifacant amount more air then a short ram.

It sounds like common sense to me.
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby JoeB » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:21 am

There is a chance of it running a little leaner with a cold air extension. If the air coming into the intake was the same temperature, you would be right, it would be the same amount or slightly less because of the extra distance the air needs to be sucked. However as the air temperature goes down it is more dense and is effectively more air. I don't expect it is so much that it would cause problems though. What is the diameter of the Injen short-ram intake, 2.5"? I think much of the trouble has been with 3" intakes. The good news is, Danny's been running this for some time now without issues. I have confidence in the solution. Danny, when and how much? -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GoT_TRD » Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:55 am

I'm in for the whole CAI pending the price.
-ChiNo-

R.I.P- 1/4/04 98 TRD Supercharged Camry. Boosted for only 4 days and loved it.
Pix @ http://photos.yahoo.com/mj29277

New ride- 93 SC300 w/ 1JZ GTE Swap
GoT_TRD
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Danny » Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:57 pm

my extension piece is the same diameter of the injen short ram i think thats 2.5 or 2.75.. My full intake kit is also the same size as the injen system, we actually worked with injen to obtaion short rams so that we can seel the injen short ram and the extension piece as one package.
The price for the extension is 85.00 the price for the full intake i wont have till mon tues. due to the holiday weekend :)

Thanks everyone keep up the question, im just as happy as you guys are to finally let this be available.

comments id like you to think about as far as XERD CAI

he said straight up that he's takin orders, he also stated that there arent any available, that he's sending them to the producer to get made. Why pay for something thats not finished, how longs it going to take to be produced. " i have not excepted money from one person, until i have finished products to sell"

How many cold are manufactures have you seen that have a 1 piece design? Mine is 2 pieces and i had problems with breaking the brackets on a two piece design. i dont trust a one piece design.

Lastly i have had this products on my car for over a year now, he can't even show you a god damn picture of it installed on a car period!!!
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jaimster » Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:08 pm

Wow...someone doesn't like competition.

:agrue:
Yeah, I've owned 2 Solaras so.............................Image
Jaimster
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby all_red » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:19 am

Solara1 wrote:Wow...someone doesn't like competition.

:agrue:

Danny, Just talk about what you got and let the ppl decide. Thanx
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:03 am

They were kinda quick to release their CAI right after you released yours. And they were also shady before, when asked them about problems with their CAI like a couple months ago. They did like minimal testing and then pulled it after people got smart an asked questions. He has a point, it's not even gonn abe ready to sell for another month, but they want money now, so they can get in on some of the action. That's not professional at all. Just let us know when you have prices Danny, and then I'll decide.

PreviousNext

Return to Toyota Solara FAQs And Stickies