[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.
This forum has frequently asked questions and stickies from all the Solara forums. Look here first to see if your question is answered or if the information you are looking for has already been posted.

True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.

Postby whiteflash » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:13 pm

installed mine in today the only thing i had trouble with was getting the air garbage in the fender out of they way the one part where u ahve to move the fuse box out of the way...and I dont knwo about u guys but my battery does not move around that much so I could nto really put it out of the way anyway....IT is so much better I find that i have better response when I hit the accelerator and the sound is so lound and awsome when i am jsut driving slow it sounds like a whistle evertime i put my foot on the clutch almost like a blowoff valve Kik ass upgrade!!!
Injen w/CAI Extension
Vogtland Springs
Tokico Struts
Custom Full exhaust
TWM Shortshiftter
8000K HID Kit
whiteflash
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraT » Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:04 pm

congrats dude!
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT
Solaraguy need mo power guy
Solaraguy need mo power guy

Postby Astro » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:41 am

WhiteFLash wrote:installed mine in today the only thing i had trouble with was getting the air garbage in the fender out of they way the one part where u ahve to move the fuse box out of the way...and I dont knwo about u guys but my battery does not move around that much so I could nto really put it out of the way anyway....IT is so much better I find that i have better response when I hit the accelerator and the sound is so lound and awsome when i am jsut driving slow it sounds like a whistle evertime i put my foot on the clutch almost like a blowoff valve Kik butt upgrade!!!

Congrats! Just make sure it is on correctly. I did get the whistling sound when my extension wasn't lined up correctly. But, once I got it on straight, the whistling stopped. I had to bend some metal in the opening to the fender to get it to sit properly. I've got pics on my www link if you need to check it out.

Later
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby SpikedMantis » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:34 pm

I got mine on, but I can't get it to line up correctly. It seems like the Injen angles too much downwards to line up properly with the extension. Does anyone else have this problem? I've got it on, but the Injen is a little off with the actual engine. BTW, I love the sound and power!
SpikedMantis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Keg-Of-Iron » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:03 pm

Yea I had that problem too along with Astro. All you have to do is bend some metal, it is in the DIY section I believe.
FIGHT ON U.S.C.!!!
2000 SE v6 5spd Supercharged! 6 lb. pulley...
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/510493
Keg-Of-Iron
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TRDCamry » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:19 pm

I just had mine installed yesterday. The Injen angles more downward than the extension. They didn't line up even after bending some metal below, but it seems to work. I need to look at some else's to see how mine might be corrected. It is on a Camry though, but still it's supposed to fit. Plus I keep hearing a rattling noise every once in a while at idle, low speeds, or in reverse. But it's not constant though. So if anyone in So. Cal can help me out please let me know. You can e-mail me at rapsux2000@hotmail.com. As for the power though, it is definately nice. The sound of the supercharger can finally be heard!
TRDCamry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby alext14 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:11 pm

Is the sound that WhiteFlashe's CAI produces normal. Because I get the same sound from mine but I can't fingure out whether that is the normal sound that the CAI is supposed to make, or is my extensions or injen intake not lined up correctly somewhere and I have an air leak.
alext14
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby adam2562 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:11 am

i'm in for a full CAI
Adam - 99 V6 5spd 165k -SOLD
adam2562
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dan99solara » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:07 am

how much are the full CAI's (sorry)
1999 Solara V6 5spd 155k miles