[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.
This forum has frequently asked questions and stickies from all the Solara forums. Look here first to see if your question is answered or if the information you are looking for has already been posted.

True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.

Postby XERD » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:35 am

Danny,

We never know that you released your intake when we posted, we only learned that a few days after. With that said i still dont see the problem, so there are 2 companies now making intakes, is that out of the ordinary or something.

Anyway, out of respect to you we are in no rush to release the intake as some of you think, we can hold off on that as we do have other projects in the works.

We were asked to make parts for the solara so we took a chance and made them before taking any deposits. We will still make all of the parts we promised and they will be out very shortly.

Out of respect to Danny we dropped our group buy on the intake right now, however Danny, i recommend that you hurry up and set a price and dates as i am telling you right now that we plan to offer our group buy on our intake sometime in January.

Have a great holiday everyone!

Thank you, Eyal
XERD
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby all_red » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:29 am

Thank you Eyal for that post
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Danny » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:42 am

:) thanks for posting
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kubi » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:04 pm

I think we need a celebrity deathmatch between XERD and Danny! That show was awesome.
Please stop humping my car, owner privilege!
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

thanks

Postby hnda8r » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:43 pm

Im just excited that theres a CAI for our Solaras!!! I appreciate all the time and hard work that both Xerd and Danny put into this. We need to give them both and standing ovation. Thanks fellas. :D
In search for my next Supercharged Solara!!!
hnda8r
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GoT_TRD » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:05 pm

Just wondering if i can get the CAI with black pipe connectors instead of red, and a black/blue air filter instead of black/red...

I saw some of the new Injen intakes like that and the colors would look better on my car..
-ChiNo-

R.I.P- 1/4/04 98 TRD Supercharged Camry. Boosted for only 4 days and loved it.
Pix @ http://photos.yahoo.com/mj29277

New ride- 93 SC300 w/ 1JZ GTE Swap
GoT_TRD
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

ATTN:DANNY - Question on Injen Intake Extension

Postby TRD_Rob » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:55 am

Hi Danny:

Since you used to work for injen, I need some advice.

I have a 98 TRD Camry with 5SFE 2.2L. I have the INJEN IS2020 Polished installed.

I would like to install a Larger Air Filter, 3.0 inches. The problem is that the Intake Pipe is just under 2.5 inches. The Injen Air Filter diameter is 2.5 inches exactly.
I have heard that there is an Extension that is 2.5 on one side and 3.0 on the other. Not sure if this is a Hose or pipe extension.

How would I fit a larger Air Filter on my Model Intake ??? I was thinking the HKS Filter.

Let me know your thoughts or suggestions

Thanks
TRD_Rob
TRD_Rob

Postby Danny » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:47 pm

All i will say is that your intake was made at 2.5" for a reason, if you make it any bigger it will cause problems. Dont worry so much about making your intake bigger, if you want more air enlarge your throttle body, and bore out your intake manifold, other then that i wouldn'y go around changeing the diameter of your intake from personal experiences it can and will cause drivability problems. Thats what i think..... All those filter, hks, k&n, injen, etc. There all going to suck the same amount of air, just make sure you clean it often youll be suprised how big of a difference a simple recharge of your filter will do ;)
-danny
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Danny » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:15 pm

please don't post comments that dont need to be posted, that is a question you should private message me i know everyone wants to know but as soon as i know you/everyone will know. Be patient i know your excited but be patient :).
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby flybigjet » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:17 pm

Since I never saw a previous post on this topic responded to: Will the CAI extension fit a RMM intake system, or is it specific to the Injen? Thanks. R.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

http://www.cardomain.com/id/flybigjet
flybigjet
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kubi » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:19 pm

Yes but everyone else has asked those same questions and he doesn't have an answer yet.
Please stop humping my car, owner privilege!
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Danny » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:54 pm

All im saying milt dogg is taht if there is a topic with 4 pages of comments you should be able to scan through it and get all the answers youve ever dreamed of. By private messaging me in limits the amounts of post therfore making it easy for people to scan through and find the answers with out searching through non sense. I soon as i get the answers everyone will know about them...
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Danny » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:11 am

i got a call today from my producer, i should have 1-5 units extension pieces finished by friday, also our order from injen has been made so injen is now producing shirt rams for us which might also be available fri. im getting excited everything i falling together. im working on an order form so that you guys can customize your intake. you can order it in pieces. such as
short ram piece ____ (price) coupler color ____
extension piece _____ ( price )coupler color ____
filter desired ____ hks (price), apex (price), k&n(price), injen(price) etc.
silicone hose color ____ red, blue, yellow blue.

Each selection showing prices so you can build your intake to your desire. such as adding a more expensive filter if desired etc.

so yah theres the update for now :)
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Toyota Solara FAQs And Stickies