[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.
This forum has frequently asked questions and stickies from all the Solara forums. Look here first to see if your question is answered or if the information you are looking for has already been posted.

True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.

Postby JoeB » Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:13 am

You have to catch Danny for the complete system. Try his email earlier in the thread. He is another VERY busy guy. He was working out a deal with Injen to get intakes at a good discount. Together would make the complete kit. -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SolaraT » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:02 pm

Ok, I got it to fit on the 5S-FE. Turned on the car and smooth start up. Loving it! Now just got to go get three more clamps and do a test drive and I'll be set. I'll be posting a DIY for the 5S-FE after a few test drives. Let me just clean up alittle.
:P
Is it me or is the Injen filter real tight to fit on the pipe? I must have a smaller filter than the v6 application has.
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT
Solaraguy need mo power guy

Postby JoeB » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:48 pm

I just got my extension installed! I had EVERYTHING torn apart (it seems :wink: ). Scott is right, I hear the supercharger a lot better now. looks good too. I'm lovin' it! -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby gnaw_divad » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:07 am

Hey, i've been sending Emails and PM's but i'm getting no reply. Does anyone know if the extensions is still for sale and where i could get one ???

THANKXXX
gnaw_divad
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby gnaw_divad » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:08 am

Hey, i've been sending Emails and PM's but i'm getting no reply. Does anyone know if the extensions is still for sale and where i could get one ???

THANKXXX
gnaw_divad
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby JoeB » Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:45 am

gnaw_divad wrote:Hey, i've been sending Emails and PM's but i'm getting no reply. Does anyone know if the extensions is still for sale and where i could get one ???

THANKXXX

Emails and PMs to who? Have you called Matt at UPFD yet? The number is 714-890-5153. Tell him Joe sent ya. 8) -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Astro » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:53 am

JoeB wrote:I just got my extension installed! I had EVERYTHING torn apart (it seems :wink: ). Scott is right, I hear the supercharger a lot better now. looks good too. I'm lovin' it! -JoeB

Sweet! I should be getting mine by the end of the week.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Hsakuragi » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:26 pm

for all that installed this,

any CE light or running lean issues?

how good are the power?
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SolaraT » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:12 am

hsakuragi wrote:for all that installed this,

any CE light or running lean issues?

how good are the power?

For the 5S-FE...
"Test Driving Results: #1. Meaner Sound! #2. Really Noticeable Increase in HP as compared to the Short Ram. No more drops in power sound and lag. This really turned things around for my car and am very happy that Danny was able to come through with this design to not only help out the 1MZ but the 5S-FE as well." :D

I already got a CE light for EGR issue but nothing wrong with my EGR. Must be a low voltage issue.
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT

Postby JoeB » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:15 am

My car was already running great and had no CEL with a 7lb pulley. Before I put the extension on, I changed my RMM short-ram to the Injen short-ram. I was a little concerned about that because of what others have said. Plus I thought more people were having knock sensor problems with the Injen than with the RMM. I didn't notice anybody with the RMM complaining about knock sensor problems. The good news was, it ran the same with the Injen short-ram.

After installing, it is still running great and still no CEL. It's in the mid 30s in Maryland so I'm not going to notice a difference. The time to notice a difference is when it gets up to the 70s-90s. The good news is, there is no adverse effect with air flow. I'm looking forward to the warm weather gains. 8) -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby whiteflash » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:51 pm

Hey i want one tooo, who do i have to get in contact with?
Injen w/CAI Extension
Vogtland Springs
Tokico Struts
Custom Full exhaust
TWM Shortshiftter
8000K HID Kit
whiteflash
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JoeB » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:31 pm

Contact Matt at Under Pressure Fabrication and Distribution (UPFD) 714-890-5153. I just talked to him and he either has or is getting more very soon. Rember to till him Joe sent you. :wink: -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Akfahad » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:16 pm

any dyno's?
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby JoeB » Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:56 am

If you're waiting for a dyno for a CAI, you probably want to wait for some commercial product or put the money towards nitrous or something. The truth is, like I mentioned before, you can't simply claim a CAI gives you a certain amount of hp. What you are doing is lowering the air intake temperature and that will vary depending on the temperature outside. I think the rule of thumb is 1hp for every 10 degrees.

If I took my car down and had it dyno'd with and without the cold air extension while the temperature is in the 30s in Maryland, you probably wouldn't see a difference. If I did the same test when it's 90 degrees, it'll be a different story. I've read that the temperature under the hood can reach 225 degrees on a warm day. If you can bring that temperature down to say 100 degrees, that should be about 12.5 hp.

That is the kind of testing that manufacturers will do. They do a dyno with hood down and warm as possible. Then with the cai installed, they do as much as possible to cool it down and give you the best possible number. It's normal marketing, everyone does it. -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Order placed today!!

Postby that1mexguy » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:58 pm

Ok, Matt quoted me at $289 all together, seems a bit high i think, but I'm really not sure.... advise?
that1mexguy
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Toyota Solara FAQs And Stickies