[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Color changing headlights... possible?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Color changing headlights... possible?

Postby kingkakyle » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:55 pm

if u want a good amount of blue and usefulness get 6000K
6000K will get u a basically blue only color
its slightly dimmer than stock but i live in the city so doesn't really matter

for more usefulness and SOME blue i would have gone for 5000-5300K
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TLMNICK » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:44 pm

You'll never get a set of LED headlights bright enough for street use.

I have two little LEDs that come on in my winter car when the alarm is on...and they change colour...it's kinda neat.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby supernatural » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:39 pm

you can probably drill a hole and hook up a color changing LED to make your headlight glowing in that color. Not sure about getting HIDs brightness and being able to change color on the fly.
supernatural
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:14 pm

^^^ not a bad idea... maybe i could make some type of "halo" around the main light that i can change the color of
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BadAngel » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:47 am

I have 8000k's in my 04... they are deff brighter (people who drive in front of me have told me) and the blue isn't overpowering.
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5