[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ::PICS POSTED:: Installed TRD RSB! (bought from PXL)
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

::PICS POSTED:: Installed TRD RSB! (bought from PXL)

Postby Mole » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:46 pm

bar none, the cheapest and most effective bang for buck mod.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby j_dizzo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:24 pm

Thanks, Michael. To address Chinky420's question about the 4 cyl's having the FSB, they do come with stock ones. However, like the RSB's I'm sure the TRD ones are much better. For 99BlackSandv6's comment, I don't think I installed it upsidedown, I just copied how the stock one was installed. Unless someone else can comfirm this, then I can turn it around?
2007/Gen 2.5 SE Classic Silver Metallic 2.4L I4
8000K HID//Pioneer Avic-D1 Nav//PS 2 (Slim)/AUX A/V port//IPod/video port//K&N 69-8609TTK Typhoon SRI//TRD RSB/FTSB/Exhaust//LED Footbay Lights//2500K Fog lights//Mike T's Upper Grill
j_dizzo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Inverted » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:22 pm

Mole wrote:bar none

hooray for puns!

Mine is coming next week, can't friggin' wait!
Was 2000 5 speed 1MZ, Twilight Blue Pearl, TRD RSB, K&N drop-in, Pioneer DEH-P710BT...
Buying a Matrix XRS and selling the 'lara =(
Inverted
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DriDed » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Thanks, Michael. To address Chinky420's question about the 4 cyl's having the FSB, they do come with stock ones. However, like the RSB's I'm sure the TRD ones are much better. For 99BlackSandv6's comment, I don't think I installed it upsidedown, I just copied how the stock one was installed. Unless someone else can comfirm this, then I can turn it around?

You installed it correctly, thats how mine look on my car.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:18 pm

j_dizzo wrote:Thanks, Michael. To address Chinky420's question about the 4 cyl's having the FSB, they do come with stock ones. However, like the RSB's I'm sure the TRD ones are much better. For 99BlackSandv6's comment, I don't think I installed it upsidedown, I just copied how the stock one was installed. Unless someone else can comfirm this, then I can turn it around?

there is no TRD FSB for our cars
ur probably thinking FSTB (the tower bar that goes over the engine)
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby j_dizzo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:45 pm

Well By the way Chinky420's described it, I've got one of them under my hood. Gen 2.5 perk? dunno. I'm sure someone here can help clarify the confusion going on here, perhaps another 2.5?
8000K HID//Pioneer Avic-D1 Nav//PS 2 (Slim)/AUX A/V port//IPod/video port//K&N 69-8609TTK Typhoon SRI//TRD RSB/FTSB/Exhaust//LED Footbay Lights//2500K Fog lights//Mike T's Upper Grill
j_dizzo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:03 pm

j_dizzo wrote:Well By the way Chinky420's described it, I've got one of them under my hood. Gen 2.5 perk? dunno. I'm sure someone here can help clarify the confusion going on here, perhaps another 2.5?

no no
one goes above the engine one goes below the car
im not saying the stock FSTB doesn't help but theres a FSB (front sway bar) and a FSTB (front strut tower brace)

and btw the gen 2 and 2.5 are identical mechanically, only aesthetically different
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby j_dizzo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:10 pm

Ok. We'll this is how he described it "oh yeah, there's also a thing called the front strut (anti-)sway bar, which we already have on the v6's (i don't know about the 4cyls)....this is the big black bar in the engine bay that goes from the top of one strut to the next." I suppose he was referring to the FSTB?
j_dizzo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:45 pm

oops sorry i completely missed that statement of his
but yes that is a FSTB

whiteline made a FSB for the camry if i remember correctly but dose not fit (pxl painter tried it out)
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:34 am

TLMNICK wrote:Does this mod make a big difference with the convertibles?.....One thing that I hate about this car is it's complete lack of cornering abilities. It's too soft.

Wow - you Gen 2 guys need to read up! :up:

Converts especially NEED the RSB and greatly benefit from the FSTB as well. Takes all the sway and wobble out of your ride!
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sparky5e » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:19 am

PXLpainter wrote:Converts especially NEED the RSB and greatly benefit from the FSTB as well. Takes all the sway and wobble out of your ride!

X2!!!

The FSTB on the Converts removes most of the front end shimmer, twist and wheel hop when driving on uneven ground. I put both the FSTB and RSB on at the same time and drove away with a totally different car.
Sparky5e
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DriDed » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:39 pm

The front strut brace sure makes under the hood look good though, thats for sure.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Chinky420 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:00 pm

lol, sorry for my confusing wording between the front sway bar and the front strut tower brace. i was still at work and a bit distracted. i mixed the fsb and fstb, both 4cyl and 6cyl should always have a oem fsb and rsb, but not necessarily a fstb. the question was supposed to read:

do our 4cyl solaras have the fstb (gen 1 or gen 2)?

fsb = front sway bar (below engine)
fstb = front strut tower brace (above engine)

...good catch and clarification ya'll...
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby kingkakyle » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:10 pm

Chinky420 wrote:lol, sorry for my confusing wording between the front sway bar and the front strut tower brace. i was still at work and a bit distracted. i mixed the fsb and fstb, both 4cyl and 6cyl should always have a oem fsb and rsb, but not necessarily a fstb. the question was supposed to read:

do our 4cyl solaras have the fstb (gen 1 or gen 2)?

fsb = front sway bar (below engine)
fstb = front strut tower brace (above engine)

...good catch and clarification ya'll...

yes at leasat the gen 2 4cyl has a stock fstb
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5