[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Sun Automobile Performance
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Sun Automobile Performance

Sun Automobile Performance

Postby Taido » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:12 pm

Anyone heard of these guys before? Experiences? I'm looking at trying one of their voltage or ground systems.

http://www.sunautomobile.com/sunPerformance.html

Sun Automobile website wrote:Hyper Ground System:
This system provides direct ground path from battery negative to body, chassis, and engine components to give extreme improvement on electrical circulation. In addition "Hyper Ground System" cables have 10 times less impedance than factory ground systems which provides immaculate conduction to prevent electrical power loss.The higher resistance of factory grounds, effect the ignition system and obstructs the primary potential.

The "Hyper Ground System" uses thick gauge 99.99% pure copper, and connects directly from the cylinder head and other points under the hood to the battery, to provide an ultra low resistance connection.This will increase the primary potential of regular cars to ignition tuned vehicles.

Hyper Voltage GT:
The new Hyper Voltage GT System is designed to stabilize voltage in your vehicle for maximum battery efficiency, allowing its full potential to be released. H.V.S. GT Version provides both function and stylish appearance; units are designed to universal to fit any vehicle, with mounting brackets and one (1) additional grounding cables.

Benefits
•Multi-Range Rev. Performance
(Low-Mid-High)
•Increased horsepower
•Increased torque
•Increased throttle response
•Improved fuel efficiency
•Brighter headlight
•Reduced audio noise
•Improved battery efficiency
•Longer battery life
•Best to works with optional Hyper Ground Wire System
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby laidback0378 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:20 pm

seems interesting, but i don't know enough about electrical systems in cars to know whether those systems are all they are advertised to be. hopefully someone around here does!
laidback0378
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Sparky5e » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:24 pm

I am not sure with Toyota's, but Jeep Cherokee's benefited greatly and was a preferred upgrade. They had minimum ground wiring and many praised doing this. I never had a problem, but didn't mud around like many.

I still feel if you upgrade the power side of your system the ground side should be done as well. Many electrical problems are caused by faulty or inadequate grounds. I hope the Toyota's don't "need" this though.
Sparky5e
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Aotoyota » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:08 pm

why dont you try to reground the battery first and see if you notice anything? use maybe a 1/0 gauge from the battery to the factory
ground bolt.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:51 am

A lot of the other products they show on their site seem to be pure crap. ^x2 for just trying a basic aftermarket ground wire system.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5