[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Drop my Lara?!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Drop my Lara?!

Drop my Lara?!

Postby KDaly » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:23 pm

Whoo first post in a looong time haha. Well, I'll just cut to it - I am looking to drop my '07 Solara and looking for the best/cheapest combo out there - without digging through this site to find another post hahaha. Thanks for the help.
KDaly
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Drop my Lara?!

Postby GzNutz » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:28 pm

Read the second to last post on this page:
http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23611&start=75
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby KDaly » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:12 pm

Awesome man-thanks. So he lowered it with some Teins and then put those coilovers on?
KDaly
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby KDaly » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:14 pm

Also just noticed his was a Gen 2, when mines a 2.5, would that make that big of a difference? Surely Toyota wouldn't do too much structurally...
KDaly
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Nothing changed suspension wise between the half gens. Spikeyjad showed we, with some modification, have more coilover options than just the teins.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby KDaly » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:24 am

so it's possible to get 3" from just the coilover without a whole new setup?
KDaly
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby spikeyjad » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Im riding lower than that now. I havent posted up in a while. Im running a new setup. Having axle problems though.

There is very little modification required to swap to camry coilovers. Some persuasion with a hammer and some camber bolts are all I needed.

There are a few ways to lower a solara. I still have my 2" drop tein springs laying around...
'05 3MZ - Camry ksport coilovers - TRD RSB - injen SRI - muffler removed
spikeyjad
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gnegroni » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:53 pm

So, yes... I'm reviving this thread (if possible).

How have those ksports been handling? I'm looking into refreshing my 05's TRD spring + Solara Sport shock combo, but thinking about changing to Sport Suspension (not lowered) if I cannot manage to find a suitable replacement. TRD springs + Solara Sport shocks didn't do it for me.
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5