[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2004 Solara 2.4L vs V6
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

2004 Solara 2.4L vs V6

Postby kingkakyle » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:38 pm

i would have to say for city driving its better to have the v6
u need to much power to get the heavy ass of the gen 2 to move
i got almost the same mileage as the 04 highlander( 3mz) citywise

as far as highway, the 4cyl will def be much better sinec ur just cruising and not using much of ur power
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:00 pm

you sir, need to read my posts again.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby kingkakyle » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:13 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:you sir, need to read my posts again.

i hope ur not talking to me lol
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SoSleek » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:54 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:I would just hate to see extra money spent to get something that isnt as good (unless you REALLY want that tape player), when you can just put that $1,050 into aftermarket speakers and/or REALLY nice subwoofers.

Ohh that will be taken care of very soon! :D

You have to admit though, you stock standard radio guys are jelous of my Tape Player!! :D
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:40 pm

SoSleek wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:I would just hate to see extra money spent to get something that isnt as good (unless you REALLY want that tape player), when you can just put that $1,050 into aftermarket speakers and/or REALLY nice subwoofers.

Ohh that will be taken care of very soon! :D

You have to admit though, you stock standard radio guys are jelous of my Tape Player!! :D

Ya very jealous, you know with being 17 i only have tapes, but i heard you can put the music on these shiny UFO shaped thingys, but you have to have some type of special machine to do it. anyone know how? as much as i love the roar of my injen SRI, im getting a little bored of it, and without a tape player i have no idea what to do!
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby onefiend » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:51 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:If i remember correctly, the gen 1 solara 4 cylinders have less horsepower (could just be specific years), though i am not positive, just remember reading that the old ones have 130 horsepower stock, and the gen 2's have like 160 stock.

Gen 1's have the 2.2L 135-138hp (5S-FE), the Gen1.5 has the same 4banger that comes in the Gen2, a 2.4L (2AZ-FE).
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:19 pm

kingkakyle wrote:
yaddadaimsayin wrote:you sir, need to read my posts again.

i hope ur not talking to me lol

nah to wkbrdr. didn't seem like he got what i was saying. whatever though. i4 or v6.. enjoy your first year of driving. :drinking:
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5