[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - XM Radio..
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

XM Radio..

XM Radio..

Postby vuuuuu » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:41 am

Have any of you activated your XM radio? I have no idea how to get the XM Radio code ID from my SLE. Anyone know?
2004 SLE V6 Lunar Mist Solara
vuuuuu
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:41 am

Have you called the dealership for assistance?
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby vuuuuu » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:45 am

I've been talking to XM people on the phone for an hour and I've talked to my dealership and they had no idea.. now have been talking to the Toyota main line for about 30 minutes and they said they'd call me back. WTF They don't even know about their own cars.
vuuuuu
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:50 am

Sorry to hear that man...it's a DANG shame that neither XM nor Toyota can help you...buncha BS if you ask me. :evil:

GL :P
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby vuuuuu » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:56 am

Alright.. so the verdict is that the SLE's come with XM-"compatible" radio. Which in other words means that I still need to buy the antennae and receiver. The dealership was supposed to tell me this, but my salesman just told me that all I need to do is to activate the xm radio.

.....nice........
vuuuuu
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:15 pm

vuuuuu wrote: The dealership was supposed to tell me this, but my salesman just told me that all I need to do is to activate the xm radio.

.....nice........

salespeople... :roll: (anything to make a sale).
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby NJConvertible » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:06 pm

see my post in the DIY section for how it is installed, it has the part number.... Retail is about $500 just for parts.
NJConvertible
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby fotodad » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:13 pm

Check this thread out. It may help you.

http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/viewtopi ... t=xm+ready
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Another solution

Postby jmack » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:23 pm

I went a route similar to fotodad. I bought the Delphi "Roady" XM radio, tossed it into the storage bin in the dash, and when I want to use it, insert the tape converter and just pull out the antennae. Seems to work fine and there is still room for stuff in the storage bin. Sure not a pro install, but the whole thing cost $129.00 and I got a free home kit so I can put the thing in the house when not driving. Sure beats the $726 the dealer quoted. BTW, the dealer admitted they had never installed one and they have been bugging me to put it in so they can see how it works. Sure
jmack
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby technole » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:19 pm

I thought about ordering the Toyota part and doing it myself, but if the price were to come below $500, i'd do it right away. I got the dealer instructions on how to install it.
2004 Solara V6 SLE w/XM Satellite Radio
technole
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: XM Radio..

Postby jp82729 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:46 am

vuuuuu wrote:Have any of you activated your XM radio? I have no idea how to get the XM Radio code ID from my SLE. Anyone know?

You need to tune the radio to XM station 000. The ID code will be displayed.
jp82729
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby VirtualSlayer » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:27 pm

I have a Accord Coupe and mine has XM, i'm j/w... does XM Cancel itself when the trails over? Or do I have to physically call them up and cancel it?

*I can't log into the XM site and it says I'm a member and everything and I requested the passwords but nothing works*
VirtualSlayer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby technole » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:56 pm

VirtualSlayer wrote:I have a Accord Coupe and mine has XM, i'm j/w... does XM Cancel itself when the trails over? Or do I have to physically call them up and cancel it?

*I can't log into the XM site and it says I'm a member and everything and I requested the passwords but nothing works*

Best thing about the Accord EX V-6 is XM is INSTALLED and you can tell which Accords have them by the nicely blended-in-with-the-paint antenna on the roof!
2004 Solara V6 SLE w/XM Satellite Radio
technole
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5