[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Chrome plated or dipped OEM grille...
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Chrome plated or dipped OEM grille...

Chrome plated or dipped OEM grille...

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:53 am

Okay...does anyone know if this can be done and about how much is it gonna cost me? I want to see if the OEM grille can be chrome plated or dipped. Any info would be much appreciated, it's just somethint I had on my mind.

Don't get me wrong, I'm luvin' my customize upper grille with or without the emblem. I'm on the 3rd stage of the upper grille and will keep you guys posted. Movin onto 4th stage this weekend, I hope. :)
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby mattyboyl » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:24 am

It can be done, but would you want chrome dipped plastic? It would be like those hub caps you see at Pep Boys. I don't think it would have a good life span to be honest with. Stick with your grills, I think the integrity is much better.
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:56 am

Thanks for the info...Nicely put. Plastic chrome plated will not last...

:D
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:00 am

talk to a palce that does nothign but chroming. Truck stops always have a contact place where they buy their chrome from...they migh help you. Pastic and chrome doesn't mate well..but truckers sometimes have a coating over plastic that mates well with chrome...(if thats a word)..its like center caps for certain wheels, they look good, but you know they are platic.
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby michaels artic frost » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:11 am

atlred wrote:Hey Mike, paint it black so I can get it from you :D 8) :) :wink:

Hey Brian,

Are you referring to my upper OEM grille or my custom upper grille? You want me to paint it black?
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5