[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - So.. I'm just sitting here looking at all your wheels
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

So.. I'm just sitting here looking at all your wheels

So.. I'm just sitting here looking at all your wheels

Postby vuuuuu » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:04 pm

.....that you guys have on your solaras. They look so great. I'm deciding what I want in the next month though. I want to get larger wheels to make the car look a little more flashy/customized/DIFFERENT than just a stock car. 18"s and 19"s look promising. 20"s look great but I couldn't do that. I definitley CANNOT lower the car though ( at least for a while since the car has less than 1k miles) which is what's bugging me. Now..

Does anyone have pictures of their solaras with 18"s or 19"s to help me decide? The picture of Micheal's with the 20"s had me come to the conclusion that even with 20 inch wheels the gap isn't bad at all. Thanks guys in advance..
2004 SLE V6 Lunar Mist Solara
vuuuuu
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby redkysolarase » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:36 pm

Blazed04 has a really nice set of 20's on his. I think his is the same color as yours too. I know you said you wanted pics of 18's and 19's but that's just another car with 20's to help you decide.
redkysolarase
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby vuuuuu » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:42 pm

Alright, cool thanks man.. I'll check it out hopefully he has a link on his profile
2004 SLE V6 Lunar Mist Solara
vuuuuu
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby LukeTheWarrior » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:26 pm

I'm getting 18" Donz pretty soon here once I find out whether this shop in my town can price match for me...as soon as I get those babies on you better believe I'm going to have pics
Desert Sand Mica 04' Solara 4 cyl. SE
20% tint all around, Red street glow underneath, Micheal T's lower grille insert
LukeTheWarrior
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby michaels artic frost » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:35 pm

LukeTheWarrior wrote:I'm getting 18" Donz pretty soon here once I find out whether this shop in my town can price match for me...as soon as I get those babies on you better believe I'm going to have pics

Yo,

I hope you get bigger size tires then I did, I had 225/40/18R!

I would recommend 225/45/18R tire size. The diameter is only .5 percent different then stock.

Use this...
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Mole » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:22 pm

each company's tire is a different size than another.

it may be the same size for that rim, but the foot print of each tire is different.

for ie-

a yokohama avs sport tire p225/40/18 will have a narrower footprint than a bridgestone pole position s-03's p225/40/18.

i would be able to fit a brand's p225 in, while another i can squeeze a p235 in.

sort of irrelevant, but i would think this comes in handy.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5