[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Anyone know if the Solara can get a G35 exhaust tone.....
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Anyone know if the Solara can get a G35 exhaust tone.....

Anyone know if the Solara can get a G35 exhaust tone.....

Postby mattyboyl » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:38 am

....with a custom exhaust setup. I am thinking no, but would like to get it damn close. I know our engines, headers, piping are different, but isn't there a way that a G35 exhaust could be custom fitted onto a Solara and give it a similar tone. I don't something too loud, but I love the exhaust note. Any ideas or info. would be helpful.
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:09 am

Let me know if you get any infos or plan on doing this Matt, the 04 rear end would look so SWEET with the G35 setup. I want to have that done as well.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby mattyboyl » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:04 pm

What's up Mike? I actually talked to my body shop and see if he cut out the portion of my body to custom fit the other exhaust pipe. He said that he usually doesn't do custom stuff like that, but since I brought my 3000GT there and have made referrals, he would be willing to do that for me. I'm thinking about it. I couldn't just get the dual setup and take the back ground effects off. What I would do is take it to the body shop and have them remove the rear kit. I would then have the custom exhaust put on and take it back so they can make the ground effects fit around the pipes so that it looks stock. I would buy custom tips or just get used 3" Hyundai Tiburon or 350Z tips to accent the exhaust. My main concern is the exhaust note itself. I don't want Civic Rice nor do I want muscle car rumble. Anyone have any feedback. I heard Apex makes a quiter exhaust. Any sound clips on a V-6?
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ICrazyChrisI » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:47 pm

My Gen1 has a similar sound to it. I love it :D
ICrazyChrisI
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby dvdchris45 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:02 pm

if u are to get a dual exhaust what about the left side? theres no curvature for the other tailpipe to rest in. You think maybe you'd have to change the rear bumper just like the oneseen in the TRD dual exhaust pic?
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:33 pm

mattyboyl wrote:What's up Mike? I actually talked to my body shop and see if he cut out the portion of my body to custom fit the other exhaust pipe. He said that he usually doesn't do custom stuff like that, but since I brought my 3000GT there and have made referrals, he would be willing to do that for me. I'm thinking about it. I couldn't just get the dual setup and take the back ground effects off. What I would do is take it to the body shop and have them remove the rear kit. I would then have the custom exhaust put on and take it back so they can make the ground effects fit around the pipes so that it looks stock. I would buy custom tips or just get used 3" Hyundai Tiburon or 350Z tips to accent the exhaust. My main concern is the exhaust note itself. I don't want Civic Rice nor do I want muscle car rumble. Anyone have any feedback. I heard Apex makes a quiter exhaust. Any sound clips on a V-6?

Matt,

Dats a bet! I'm with you on the cuttin our kit for room for another
exhaust tip. I dunno bout the Apexi, but my buddy's Invidia exhaust on his Celica sounds sweet. I too, do not want a loud a$$ sound. Good luck with it and let me know, Ima do it too...
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:58 pm

Hey Matt,

I was looking for stuff for my 03 Altima and came across this, I'm thinking about getting it for the Altima.

You think this would work with the Gen2?

I know we have to customize it but it's just a thought.
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby mattyboyl » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:02 am

Hey Mike,

That should work with some custiom piping as said above. The Y-pipe is the hardest piece for a shop to customize since they usually cut a hole in one pipe and weld another onto it which restricts airflow. I had that done and I barely had any exhaust coming out the one side, so I went with the Flowmaster setup which had a true Y-pipe. That's the direction I would Mike. The tips aere a nice size too, plus their polished chrome. Very sweet. So you would knock off some $$$ on labor charges taking this route. Very nice man. Keep us posted.
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby HKSV6SLE » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:28 pm

thing will always souind diffrent depedning on the car and engine. just cuz u get a g35 exhuast and get it fitted to your car does not mean it will sound the same.
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Yanks0114 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:47 pm

HKSV6SLE wrote:thing will always souind diffrent depedning on the car and engine. just cuz u get a g35 exhuast and get it fitted to your car does not mean it will sound the same.

Exactly. We're talking two different cars with two very different engines.

The exhaust that you pick is only 1/2 the equation for sound, the engine is the other 1/2
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby mattyboyl » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:02 am

Oh, trust me, I know that. I know the engine set-up and the fact that the G35 pushes out much more hp and torque make a difference, plus the fact they are bored out to 3.5 L as opposed to our 3.3 L and so on. I was just wondering if anyone out there found an exhaust sound that is similar?
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby HKSV6SLE » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:08 pm

even if the engine was 3.5 ltier is still wouldnt sound the same. damn two posts me and yanks agreeing...wat is this world coming too..??? :drinking:
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5