[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Metalic looking All-Season-Floor-Mat? Anyone wanna join me?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Metalic looking All-Season-Floor-Mat? Anyone wanna join me?

Metalic looking All-Season-Floor-Mat? Anyone wanna join me?

Postby boaclub923 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:03 am

I’m sick and tire of finding all-season-floor-mat for my 04 solara. Why they don’t make it? Isn’t it good to protect carpet and it’s easier to clean? Toyota doesn’t make it, and no aftermarket company makes it too. So, I decide I will go find some stores and ask them to customize it. My design is shown as following. It will be look like an all-season-floor-mat, which likes a tray that keeps all the water and dust inside. I want it made by some kind light metal or some material looks like metal. Now, here is what I want to say… anyone wants to join me? Cause I’m thinking if I can order more than a certain amount, I can get everyone cheaper price and everyone is happy~ ^^;; so, if anyone is interest about it, reply this msg, thx~

(i'm sorry it's a ugly sketch, and hopefully u ppl can get what i am talking about...)
boaclub923
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:49 am

Good idea and it can be done. However, you're talking bout spending some CHEESE for dis custom work. I currently have real thick rubber that I used for the winter and they're keeping the carpet clean and so I just left them there. It's nice when it rains and my carpet never gets wet. Ima get some for the back cus there's been peeps in da back seats as well. Keep us posted.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby slingshot » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:00 am

No need to get this done. Do a search on this topic and you will see some of us found rubber all-weather mats in stores that were extremely close in size to what would fit the car and just needed a little trimming on the driver's side. The ones I used were great during the winter.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby twincepts » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:24 pm

I found an all season floor mat from my toyota dealer. it's coumputer cut to the exact shape of the carpet mat. It cost me $54 for all four pieces. Also, it's clear so it doesn't take away any kind of look from the interior. I really recommend this. Also, u can just buy a all season mat from like k-mart or walmart and cut it to a perfet fit. One of my friend did that for her solara and it looks pretty good.
2004 Solara SLE V6
28% tint all around
clear bra hood protector
exact fit all season clear mats; OEM mud guards
more coming soon...
twincepts
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby slingshot » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:38 pm

twincepts wrote:I found an all season floor mat from my toyota dealer. it's coumputer cut to the exact shape of the carpet mat. It cost me $54 for all four pieces. Also, it's clear so it doesn't take away any kind of look from the interior. I really recommend this.

Can you provide more details on this clear mat? Toyota lists no all-season mats for the Solara so just exactly how did you get it and what part number is it? Got any pics? Do you put it on top of the carpet mat or just on top of the carpet?
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

yeah, i know

Postby boaclub923 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:55 pm

yeah, i know i can buy many similar product at Walmart and trim the plasic floor mat by myself. but the one thing i dont like those kinds stuff is there is no wall around floor mat, which can't act like a tray that can hold lots water and dust. most of the products i saw was almost fit, or totally flat on surface... maybe i just havent' do research more enough, i will go look more products. thx for reply~
boaclub923
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GuavazoEX » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:30 pm

i bought this when i got my solara it works great checks it out~
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33697
Solara SE V6 Oceanus Pearl
20% tint all around~
K&N Air-Filter installed
GuavazoEX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby twincepts » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:10 pm

The mats are not sold by the Toyota company itselt, however, I bought it at the parst store at the dealer. Unfortunately, I don't have the brand name on me but I can call and find out a bit later. I just put the mats directly over my carpet mats so that the solara logo on the carpet shows up.
2004 Solara SLE V6
28% tint all around
clear bra hood protector
more coming soon...
twincepts
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby LukeTheWarrior » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:56 pm

GuavazoEX wrote:i bought this when i got my solara it works great checks it out~
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33697

that's just those plastic mats used in offices for desk chairs cut to match our mats lol looks cheap to me :lol:
Desert Sand Mica 04' Solara 4 cyl. SE
20% tint all around, Red street glow underneath, Micheal T's lower grille insert
LukeTheWarrior
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby twincepts » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:26 am

yeah..it is pretty much the same plastic in the office except this is a bit more thicker and are long lasting. I've had other car for about 4 years and its still in great condition. I just wash it off with the hose when I wash my car and thats all it takes...and for $50, I think its a bargin.
2004 Solara SLE V6
28% tint all around
clear bra hood protector
more coming soon...
twincepts
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby slingshot » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:14 am

Not a bad price but my all-season mat picked up at Auto Barn and trimmed a little bit looks way better. It is the exact same gray color as the carpet and has deep channels to hold alot of water, snow, or sand.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cablemn » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:02 pm

i paid 19.99 for a set weathertech look-a-likes at COSTCO. They match perfectly and do a great job of keeping my carpet underneath looking and smelling fresh.
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5