[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - SWAY BAR KEEPS SOLARA GUY IN STITCHES...
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

SWAY BAR KEEPS SOLARA GUY IN STITCHES...

Postby groovespacer » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:58 pm

Talk to the Toyota, I can smell free oil change. Hopefully
groovespacer
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby cablemn » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:29 am

TRDMole177 wrote:
cablemn wrote:YOU DO NOT NEED A LIFT. I did this mod on my back in my driveway in 15 minutes. this part replaces the skinny stock sway bar. just undo the old one and install the new one in it's place. I got mine on ebay brand new in the box. for $125 shipped. Probably from someone who recieved a second as a mistake. I've had that happen to me before. In fact a guy i didn't even know from a ford forum GAVE me a bar for my expedition that he recieved doubles of when he bought it online. He just wanted to give the thing away. GET THIS MOD!!! even if it cost you $200. It's the best money you'll ever spend on a mod. The improvement in handling is worth every penny.

for the "small or med shirt wearing" challenged folks its almost impossible to do w/o a jack.
Dude, I'm 6 feet 245, if i can get under there without a jack a lot of people can.
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cablemn » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:24 pm

I'm big boned.
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cablemn » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:51 am

cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:01 am

cablemn,

What tools do you need to install this. Perhaps a DYI, if there's not one already. I'm looking to install it myself if I can. I'm always learning new things about my ride and anything that I can do myself, I'd rather do it. Not just that fact of saving monies, which we all want to...lol. I also get the enjoyment of knowing that I did it myself.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Michael

BTW...sorry to hear bout your misfortune on the first attempt...lol.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cablemn » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:41 am

what you need is 15mm and a 12mm sockets and a ratchet, and an extension for the ratchet, a couple of pieces of wood 2x4 or 2x6, and 20 minutes.
Heres how i did it...
I drove the rear of the car up onto 2 2x6s to raise the ass a bit and got under the car. The sway bar is pretty easy to spot. It's held on by 3 bolts (12mm) on each side to the chassis and 1 nut (15mm) to each stabilizer link on the ends. thats the part thats adjustable (3 Holes).
remove the bolts on the top and bottom of the bar itself and loosen the bolt that holds the bar to the chassis. the clamps need not be removed its easier this way. remove the nuts that attach to the stabilizer links and pull the bar down. slide the bar sideways to clear the exhaust and remove the bar from under the car.
slide the new bar over the exhaust and lube and place the rubber bushings on the bar where they are supposed to be according to the old bar. The lube is sticky like glue so have a solvent ready for your hands and to clean the bar so dirt doesn't stick to it and make it look like crap.
Bolt everything up tight, i believe its about 14 lbs torque but real tight should do it. try the middle setting first. its very easy to change it, you'll see what i mean when you do the installation. Thats it! you dont even need a pair of scissors to cut open the packet of lube they send with the kit. any other specific questions? just ask. hope this helps bro.
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:39 pm

cablemn,

Cool. Thanks for the detailed instructions, you may want to post that in the DYI section.

Ima save up my monies, cus I've been spending it like mad and these projects are only in da works and none of them are completely finished. So that leaves me to pay for the rest of the work and I've still have the appointment in IL. So, ima estimatin' it'll be a couple more months, unless I sell more grilles...lol.

Thanks again!
-Michael
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cablemn » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:31 pm

[quote="SolTech"]thanks for the install info, I will be needing that. I work at disney part time as a costume people, I can afford it now but I want to save a bit more so I can have more money left after I paid for the trd RSB.

what costume do you wear? are you the mouse??
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cablemn » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:02 pm

sounds like an interesting job. not your run of the mill 9 to 5er.
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:05 am

SolTech wrote:I hate my job.

SolTech,

What is it that you do that you hate so much? :)
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5