[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - SWAY BAR KEEPS SOLARA GUY IN STITCHES...
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

SWAY BAR KEEPS SOLARA GUY IN STITCHES...

SWAY BAR KEEPS SOLARA GUY IN STITCHES...

Postby cablemn » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:29 am

yesterday i started to put my sway bar on and grabbed hold of the underside bumper to slide under the car and was totally unaware that toyota boobytrapped the underside of the solara with razorblades so we could not do our own mods! i didn't even get to undo a bolt when i had to drive to the local hospital to stitch up my ring finger. six stitches to shore up the flap of skin on my hand later i'm making my 2nd attempt at this mod. i'm supposed to remove the bandage tonight anyway so i dont care if it gets dirty. OH the things i do for my car. LOL
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby slingshot » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:51 am

Now ya know why I just took it to the dealer. :roll:
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Mole » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:55 am

really? is it that bad?

someone take some snap shots of that please.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:12 am

The dealer is responsible for removing all cardboard and other packaging materials they use...

They use the razor blades to cut anythign that was packaged in carboard...

Go to your dealer and find out who the PDS technician was so they have give him a lashing x_x (Pre-Delivery Service)
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Jon11582 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:55 am

I jammed a flathead screwdriver into my pinky when installing my intake.

So I, too, have bled for my car.

Wounds heal, but mods last forever. :)
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ICrazyChrisI » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:33 am

Alot of us here have battlescar wounds as well :lol:
ICrazyChrisI
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby cablemn » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:49 pm

I raised the car up a couple inches so i wouldn't have to skoosh under the car. The sway bar went on in about 10 minutes. I couldn't stand paying toyota an hours labor at $90.00 per to have some grease monkey throw it on.
Anyway, the sway bar has to be the most bang for your buck mod on the market today! For $125.00 shipped i took care of the annoying bodyroll a good handling car isn't supposed to have. I put it on the middle setting and it seems to be just right. I was thinking of getting new struts, shocks, and springs but i don't think thats neccessary now. I still get a little tire scrub when cornering hard but i think my next set of tires will handle that problem.
My finger is healing nicely, keeping it coated in neosporin, and it should be all ready to get the stitches out in a week or two.
Then....LET THE MODS BEGIN!!!! :turn-l:
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cablemn » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:53 pm

By the way, i didn't mean toyota literaly had razor blades under the car...i was being sarcastic. I meant there are sharp edges under there and i have to be more careful.
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TW85 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:17 pm

Where did you find the RSB for $125 shipped?
Moved on to better things...
TW85
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Dracon » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:41 am

TW85 wrote:Where did you find the RSB for $125 shipped?

that's my question, I'll take one today if someone can give a link...
Dracon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:39 am

SolTech wrote:If I am to get a 2004 trd rsb for the 04 solara I4, should I set the sway bar up on the "competition" or the middle setting? would it be bad if I did the "competition" setting if I use the car in the street all the time?

should i install the bar myself or take it to a dealer? cuz I don't have a lift, which would be almost too difficult for me to do it myself. for those that did install it themselves, was it too hard?

It's a quick install... if you have a jack
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby TW85 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:36 am

How does the RSB install? What exactly does it connect to?
Moved on to better things...
TW85
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cablemn » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:04 pm

YOU DO NOT NEED A LIFT. I did this mod on my back in my driveway in 15 minutes. this part replaces the skinny stock sway bar. just undo the old one and install the new one in it's place. I got mine on ebay brand new in the box. for $125 shipped. Probably from someone who recieved a second as a mistake. I've had that happen to me before. In fact a guy i didn't even know from a ford forum GAVE me a bar for my expedition that he recieved doubles of when he bought it online. He just wanted to give the thing away. GET THIS MOD!!! even if it cost you $200. It's the best money you'll ever spend on a mod. The improvement in handling is worth every penny.
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:52 pm

cablemn wrote:YOU DO NOT NEED A LIFT. I did this mod on my back in my driveway in 15 minutes. this part replaces the skinny stock sway bar. just undo the old one and install the new one in it's place. I got mine on ebay brand new in the box. for $125 shipped. Probably from someone who recieved a second as a mistake. I've had that happen to me before. In fact a guy i didn't even know from a ford forum GAVE me a bar for my expedition that he recieved doubles of when he bought it online. He just wanted to give the thing away. GET THIS MOD!!! even if it cost you $200. It's the best money you'll ever spend on a mod. The improvement in handling is worth every penny.

for the "small or med shirt wearing" challenged folks its almost impossible to do w/o a jack.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5