[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - DEI Alarm and Automatic Headlights
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

DEI Alarm and Automatic Headlights

DEI Alarm and Automatic Headlights

Postby cklinh » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:08 am

I've already checked with Michael's_Arctic_Frost, and his Prestige doesn't behave like mine. So, I just thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has my alarm (Clifford, Python, Viper) and the same problems before I go back to the installer...

Hey, I just have a quick question for ya'll. I just got a Clifford alarm installed with the remote start. And I just wanted to check a problem/feature with anyone else's alarm to see if it's normal for these types of alarm.

Here goes...

You know how the automatic lights are supposed to turn off by themselves after 30 seconds when you leave the car? Well, if I just happened to remotely start the engine and then remotely stop the engine, then let the passive arming do its thing, the headlights come on, but don't seem to go off (since I didn't open/close the doors) I've allowed ample time (>20 minutes) for it to go off, but it doesn't happen... is that the same for yours?

Tonight, I'm going to try remotely starting the car, letting the timer run out (so the car stops automatically) and then see if the lights go off then...
Last edited by cklinh on Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby michaels artic frost » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:17 am

Good luck wit dat bro...I really don't know wut else to recommended, besides hookin up wit da installa again... :) I still think it's da wiring, but I could be wrong...lol
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Yanks0114 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:19 pm

I actually just noticed a very similar thing tonight.

Heres how mine works. I have a viper 790XV

If I manually turn on my headlights, then shut off the car, open the door, the lights are off. Then if I used remote start, when the timer runs out, the headlights will still be on until a door is open

If I have my headlights in the off position and just use the automatic sensor, I can remote start the car, and when the timer runs out, they shut off.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cklinh » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:24 pm

darn... I wish mine was like that... I leave it on automatic the whole time... but having the lights drain the battery is not a good idea...
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5