[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Auto start...
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Auto start...

Auto start...

Postby Justaplaythang » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:01 am

I was thinkin of gettin the auto start for my car. Just wanted to know if anyone here had it and if so, did you buy the Toyota bypass system or just use your valet key when it was installed. Thanks!
Justaplaythang
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:20 am

cklinh has the Clifford alarm and I have the Prestige APS996A, there's a thread on it and both have remote starters. You will need to get a bypass immobilizer for the remote starter to work. An aftermarket one will work fine. They will also need your valet key to install with the immobilizer in order for the remote start to work because our keys have a computer chip, which is required to start the car. Otherwise, without the chip, the car will not start. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I did confirm this with the dealership.
Last edited by michaels artic frost on Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cklinh » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:41 pm

yuppity yup!
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Arthur2k4 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:11 am

holy crap.. i am soo gonna make my dad buy me this for my b-day which is not too far away...lol..if he dont i'll pay for it my self... where did u guys get it done?
Arthur2k4
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:50 am

I got mine installed at Toyota, but I purchased the alarm from an aftermarket dealer for Toyota and they had the Toyota Accesories install it.
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cklinh » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:04 am

Yeah, got it done at a local shop (through recommendations/hookups). In case you were wondering my Viper/Clifford (same alarm systems, they gave me a Viper box with a Clifford remote :) cost $550 out the door without any of the fancy doo-dads that michaels_arctic_frost has.
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ICrazyChrisI » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:59 am

cklinh wrote:Yeah, got it done at a local shop (through recommendations/hookups). In case you were wondering my Viper/Clifford (same alarm systems, they gave me a Viper box with a Clifford remote :) cost $550 out the door without any of the fancy doo-dads that michaels_arctic_frost has.

Yikes, I think you might have paid too much.
ICrazyChrisI
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby cklinh » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:59 am

Actually, got a few price quotes... and it's about normal. Could have gotten it cheaper (500) with a startup, but didn't want to chance it. Also, had another hookup that would have done the alarm for $450, but they had bad experiences with an 04 Solara, so they turned me away.
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

$$$

Postby Justaplaythang » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:28 pm

My usual car stereo/alarm guy told me it would be around $280 plus tax...why is this so cheap compared to what others have paid? Its the same Viper/Clifford set up that was mentioned earlier.
Last edited by Justaplaythang on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justaplaythang
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby HKSV6SLE » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:27 am

might be a good idea to find out which unit is for 280. i got my clifford alarm for 320 total for at the time the top of the line unit. 550 doe sound like a lot. :drinking:
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby einstein » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:51 am

I am thinking about getting the python auto start/alarm with responder. Cool toy to have. Any recommendations from ppl?
einstein
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cklinh » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:59 am

The Python is the same as the Viper and Clifford... ie, it's the same one I've got. Overall, it's pretty good... however, the reception isn't that great... nowhere near the 1/4 mile... not sure what it is related to...

I have a suspicion that it's not going around corners (ie, it stops responding right when I go around a corner). haven't had time to further test it out yet.

Another thing that it might be is that the black strip across the top of the windshield might be blocking the antenna... again, haven't had time to do some more testing...

Michael might be able to give you some feedback on the range for his system... I do believe he gets better range with his Prestige.
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:18 pm

cklinh,

FIX your avatar, it's too DANG BIG...lol.hahahah LMAO. :drinking:
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cklinh » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:19 pm

I know! I know! It was on for 30 seconds and you caught it!
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:31 pm

cklinh wrote:The Python is the same as the Viper and Clifford... ie, it's the same one I've got. Overall, it's pretty good... however, the reception isn't that great... nowhere near the 1/4 mile... not sure what it is related to...

I have a suspicion that it's not going around corners (ie, it stops responding right when I go around a corner). haven't had time to further test it out yet.

Another thing that it might be is that the black strip across the top of the windshield might be blocking the antenna... again, haven't had time to do some more testing...

Michael might be able to give you some feedback on the range for his system... I do believe he gets better range with his Prestige.

When I'm inside my office building, there are two glass doors to go through and I can remote start my car from inside, that's how good my range is and my car is around the corner lot. I can also drop my windows and roll it back up from a decent distance as well. That's what I normally do, drop the windows and then remote start it, and when I turn off my car, I have all the settings set, like A/C, stereo, auto lights, etc. So that, when I remote start it, everyone is on. Some people at my work thought that there was someone in the car already...lol. I love the roll up roll down feature because I play tricks on peeps all the time...lo. (Yea...I like my new toy... :D ) I sometime wished I had the sunroof to open up as well, but there's no more button combo on my remote for all of these features...lol.

Now sometimes, when I'm outside and there's a slope and I can't see my car, I can't even arm it, but it's generally because I'm pretty far away from it. I'll try to test the range on it, because it also has two way paging system. My remote has the option to beep or vibrate. I also have the passive alarm, which arms itself after 30 seconds...I think. Once the alarm arms itself, my remote beeps to let me know that the car is armed and it displays a lock to show that it's on.

When I get some time away from making these grilles...lol. I'll try to do some testing, I also have my antenna hidden so you can't see it, it may shorten the range also. I've got the same alarm on my 03 Altima and I'll test that too and will let you guys know. The antenna on the Altima is not hidden, so I'll try to see if it makes any difference.

Dang...I wrote a whole bunch huh? lol.
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5