[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Front turn signal/marker bulb replacement?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Front turn signal/marker bulb replacement?

Front turn signal/marker bulb replacement?

Postby DocJohn » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:36 am

Can anyone post the best way to replace the amber front turn signal/marker bulb on the '04 Solara?
I just ordered Sylvania SilverStar replacements http://www.sylvania.com/auto/sssignal.htm

The owner's manual says to take it back to Toyota to have these replaced, but there is no way I'm paying them to change a light bulb!

I took a look under the hood and I can see the bulb-socket assembly, but the space is too small for me to get my hand in there, so the best I can figure is that I have to access it through the front wheel well. Has anyone tried this yet? THANKS.
<B>2004 Solara SLE V6 with mods (sold 10/10/06)
DocJohn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

WAHAHAHAH~

Postby boaclub923 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:36 pm

WAHAHAHAHAH.. i know how to do it~ ^^;;;
well... it's kinda "Confuse" if i just write out the instructions here, so i wont' write it. i will just post the pic probably... some time tonigh. just remember to come back. ^^...
boaclub923
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: WAHAHAHAH~

Postby DocJohn » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:34 pm

boaclub923 wrote:WAHAHAHAHAH.. i know how to do it~ ^^;;;
well... it's kinda "Confuse" if i just write out the instructions here, so i wont' write it. i will just post the pic probably... some time tonigh. just remember to come back. ^^...

THANK YOU! I look forward to you "enlightening" me about this bulb replacement procedure. :fadein:
DocJohn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

thx for waiting...

Postby boaclub923 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:22 pm

ok~ i'm back. i posted it in my cardomain at pg7
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/628675/7

i kinda did it in rush, so it's kinda lack of pix quality and description.
if u can't understand, just let me know... kk?
hope it helps u ppl~
boaclub923
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DocJohn » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:08 am

boaclub923:

Thanks Again!
This is how I figured this job was done, but its nice to know exactly how to do it by someone who's already done it
DocJohn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby boaclub923 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:58 pm

atlred wrote:Where did you get the dash kit to change the wood grain. I am also wanting to change mine!

my dash? oh.. hahah.. nah.. i didn't replace it..
i just cover it by white sticker... ^^;;
budget is way cheaper.. and quarentee no damage to the car... ^^;;
just took me a while to put sticker on tho...
boaclub923
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby rohand » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:36 pm

Hey, by looking at the pics of ure car on cardomain, it loks like u have amber/piss yellow bulbs in ure fog light housing. if its tru, could u PM the instructions on how to replace them and the place from where you got the bulbs please.

Thanks,
Rohan
rohand
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby boaclub923 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:12 am

Hey, by looking at the pics of ure car on cardomain, it loks like u have amber/piss yellow bulbs in ure fog light housing. if its tru, could u PM the instructions on how to replace them and the place from where you got the bulbs please.

Thanks,
Rohan

um... r u saying i change my fog light's light bulb? lol~ i didn't...
i put 8000k HID on my headlight and it's too blue that it acutally makes u feel my foglight become very yellow~ ^^;; it's factory light bulb. i didn't chagne it. i'm having trouble to find H10 light bulb...
i "think" i konw how to replace the light bulb for fog light. give me couple days, i will post info again once i found out. i haven't really got anytime to play with my car recently. too busy these days.. -_-;;;
boaclub923
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby boaclub923 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:34 pm

What is involved in retro fitting the 9006 and is it something that I can do (having no experience) in that. Or can I just buy the H11 bulbs in like a 4k-5k range and get the same look.

um... i will suggest u go ask professional to do it if u want put to 9006 on H11 system. that's what i did~ ^^;; wire is pretty easy to setup, but modify the light bulb is hardest part and dangerous. trust me, u wont' want to do it by urself. i'm not sure putting 4k-5k color light bulb can come out the same result as mine. never try b4. maybe u can get close color looking, but i'm very sure it won't come out as bright as my HID. HID just too crazy, and ppl got addict to it once they use it. ^^
boaclub923
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5