[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Anyone got a dual exhaust yet ????
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Anyone got a dual exhaust yet ????

Anyone got a dual exhaust yet ????

Postby sorkang724 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:11 am

hi, i've heard from milton that he knows a place where they can hook up the dual exhaust on the gen 2......i also heard some of the guys in the forum has done it.......can you guys show me pictures and such ?..and how is it like....any info would be great man..thanx
sorkang724
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mattyboyl » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:16 am

There has been alotv of talk, but no one I heard has got the set up yet. Virtually any reputable muffler shop could do it with a mandrel bender and some piping. It would obviously be a custom setup with one pipe leading out the catalytic converter into a custom Y-pipe or even a Y-pipe from a full exhaust kit like I did for my 3000GT. I just bought a flow master exhaust with Y-pipe. More than likely though, since our car is single outlet stock, there wouldn't be a direct dual set-up. The only problem that I was running into, was the ground effects. I would solve that problem by taking the ground effects to my body shop so they can custom cut another outlet and then repaint it which will cost a pretty penny altogether.
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:53 am

mattyboyl wrote:...I just bought a flow master exhaust with Y-pipe. More than likely though, since our car is single outlet stock, there wouldn't be a direct dual set-up. The only problem that I was running into, was the ground effects. I would solve that problem by taking the ground effects to my body shop so they can custom cut another outlet and then repaint it which will cost a pretty penny altogether.

Sup Matt,

So, mind if I ask you where you got they exhaust and how much, as far as parts and labor is gonna cost for just exhaust, not including the mod on the ground effects kit?
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby mattyboyl » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:16 am

michaels_artic_frost wrote:
mattyboyl wrote:...I just bought a flow master exhaust with Y-pipe. More than likely though, since our car is single outlet stock, there wouldn't be a direct dual set-up. The only problem that I was running into, was the ground effects. I would solve that problem by taking the ground effects to my body shop so they can custom cut another outlet and then repaint it which will cost a pretty penny altogether.

Sup Matt,

So, mind if I ask you where you got they exhaust and how much, as far as parts and labor is gonna cost for just exhaust, not including the mod on the ground effects kit?

I'm sorry Mike, I meant that I bought that system for my 3000GT, not the Solara. The GT ran me about 300.00 installed.
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby got sport » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:45 am

Continuing on what has been stated, the main issue would be the stock rear bumper with its single exhaust outlet. An alternative bumper that we’ve seen is the SEMA TRD Solara with the custom rear bumper made by Molly Designs. It has dual outlets for the dual setup.

And personally, I wouldn’t get a dual setup without a seamless integration with the bumper outlets.
<b>'04 V6 SE Sport -Black</b>
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gotsport
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dvdchris45 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:50 pm

Exactly! The 04s have a little grrove on the bottom right side of the rear bumper that wraps around the exhaust. I dont see a motivation to get a dual exhaust unless they can be intergrated seamlessly underneath the bumper.
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby slingshot » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:07 pm

Get the chrome grille. It'll look better with your car color I think.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby junest » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:19 pm

For seamless integration underneath the bumper, you can custom that at a body shop for sure. It can be done, but depends how much you're willing to pay. Overall, I think it's worth it if you really want it.
2004 Solara SLE V6 Convertible
Webpage
junest
super solara girl
super solara girl

Postby jesse789 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:25 pm

first... the pics a fake... you can tell by angle that you see the inside of the right side of the left cut out.

i've got a rounded esimate for dual with cuts.... a custom muffler shop here in tampa, mad hatter, has a dual muffler kit starting at $280, but if u want decent mufflers then it more like $700. and then the cut out mayko (or how ever u spell it) said they would duplicate the cut out for $650. (i have to crap to have fixed onmy car... buble in rear bumper from someone bumping into it in a parking lot (and leaving the scene) and then my right sideskirt scrapped a curb and needs to be buffed and re painted)
silver 2004 Solara SE V6 Sport
custom 2 tone leather seats
max legal tint driver/pass windows, 10% more everywhere else
infiniti 6x9s and pair of alpine 12s on a mtx amp
metal floor mats
billet undergrille
jesse789
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby junest » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:42 pm

jesse789 wrote:first... the pics a fake... you can tell by angle that you see the inside of the right side of the left cut out.

The pic is photoshoped (as stated above)! He's trying to give people an idea of what duals would look like.
2004 Solara SLE V6 Convertible
Webpage
junest
super solara girl
super solara girl

What about...

Postby mmcdonald » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:31 am

What about buying an extra rear lower body kit and modding that. Then you would have the original to reinstall if you needed it.

The thing is, with the channels under the car, would it be a real dual exhaust, or just a dual muffler?

That exhaust system definitely needs some enlarging. Are there any header / downtube mods out there? Add the enlarged true dual exhaust to that. Maybe 2 - 2.5" each.

Now for the chip...
2004 Solara SE Sport V6 Black
DocJohn's Vacuum Trick
K&N AF, Removed Secondary AF
TRD FSTB, TRD RSB, TRD Springs
XM Tuner DIY
mmcdonald
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: What about...

Postby Astro » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:47 am

mmcdonald wrote:What about buying an extra rear lower body kit and modding that. Then you would have the original to reinstall if you needed it.

The thing is, with the channels under the car, would it be a real dual exhaust, or just a dual muffler?

That exhaust system definitely needs some enlarging. Are there any header / downtube mods out there? Add the enlarged true dual exhaust to that. Maybe 2 - 2.5" each.

Now for the chip...

It'll be a dual cat-back or 2 mufflers. We don't have enough power to go true dual. No headers, but you can have a shop custom a bigger downtube. They'll never be a chip because our ecu isn't made to be altered.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby jesse789 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:51 pm

poshpepper wrote:
jesse789 wrote:said they would duplicate the cut out for $650. (i have to crap to have fixed onmy car... buble in rear bumper from someone bumping into it in a parking lot (and leaving the scene) and then my right sideskirt scrapped a curb and needs to be buffed and re painted)

um so is the 650 quote for just the cut out, or for the cut out and your fixes???

lol i said i had to crap :lol: this is wut happens when i get sleepy and start checking my furoms....

anywho... the 650 was for the cut out (cut, shape, mold, and paint)
silver 2004 Solara SE V6 Sport
custom 2 tone leather seats
max legal tint driver/pass windows, 10% more everywhere else
infiniti 6x9s and pair of alpine 12s on a mtx amp
metal floor mats
billet undergrille
jesse789
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5