[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - installing the rsb was no easy task
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

installing the rsb was no easy task

Postby cablemn » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:03 pm

sorry it took you so long. sometimes its a little stupid thing that can drive you nuts, like the bolt that wont thread. the best thing to do when installing anything is to seat all the bolts or screws before you start to tighten them down. it gives you some play. then when all bolts are seated tighten them from the inside of the project out. good luck next time.
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby xyntax » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:59 pm

Yup, that rule applies to anything. Seat all necessary bolts first and then tighten them little by little. Never do one and then the next. I learned this quickly because of the threads I read here. Gotta love the knowledge here :D
-~=| XYNTAX |=~-

2AZ-FE & 13B-MSP
xyntax
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Good job!

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:31 am

SolTech,

Nice job installing that RSB.

- 8) Michael
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cronikles » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:56 am

anyone got pics of the rsb??
http://www.cardomain.com/id/cronikles

2004 Solara SE Sport Silver
20" Gianelle 5Twin Silver
K&N Air Filter
Fog Light Wiring Harness
cronikles
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

RSB - Soltech install

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:44 am

-MiltDoggie- wrote:
SolTech wrote:is that sarcasm or are you talking for real mike?
For once you get a complement and you dont take it, what a fool!! :lol: But I give you big credit for doing the job yourself, and lets see when you post some pics of your install...

/\/\/\/\/\What Milt said.

Let's just say this, if I don't have anything nice to say, I'm generally not going to say it. If I do give negative feedbacks, it's normally constructive criticism.

Again, nice job on the RSB install.

-Michael 8)

P.S. The Past is history...live for today and plan for the future.
I hope you understand what I'm saying.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: installing the rsb was no easy task

Postby jbauer » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:53 am

SolTech wrote:this one dang bolt wouldn't stay in the hole. I used the middle setting on the bar.

I know exactly what you're talking about. The bolt that screws into the bushing bracket. I had issues with that one too... :x

I actually have my bar on the competition setting and I still feel too much body roll (even though it's a SE Sport). So I'm thinking about getting the springs, but I'd like to wait for some better struts to come out first. I figure, since I'll be taking springs the off, might as well do the struts at the same time. Anyone know which is stiffer, the Eibach or the TRD springs?

My last car was an Impreza RS w/ Eibach springs and AGX struts. Handled like a dream. I think that's the main reason I feel as though my Solara handles like a Lincoln.

I miss my Impreza... Go figure. I'd drop $800 on suspension components then decide to go cheap on tires. I really should have bought better tires before taking that exit ramp... :cry:

Never again....
jbauer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Getting ready to install the RSB...

Postby mmcdonald » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:11 am

I will be installing this bar tomorrow. I am glad to hear that this was the most daunting problem you had with it. A pain, I know from experience, but at least it fit, and works, etc.

I have read the instructions several times and they specifically mention to only seat the bushing bolts and finger tighten them, and then torque them - to 14lbft? This seems low to me.

SolTech, did you use a torque wrench? If so, did you tighten to specs? If so, did you re-wrench them and are they still seated?
2004 Solara SE Sport V6 Black
DocJohn's Vacuum Trick
K&N AF, Removed Secondary AF
TRD FSTB, TRD RSB, TRD Springs
XM Tuner DIY
mmcdonald
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5