[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Now Available: Short Ram intake from Injen for Gen 2 Solaras
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Now Available: Short Ram intake from Injen for Gen 2 Solaras

Postby slingshot » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:01 am

Is that dyno showing what power is actually going to the wheels? Therefore, about 40 hp is lost through the transmission for the stock car?
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby DocJohn » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:54 am

slingshot wrote:Is that dyno showing what power is actually going to the wheels? Therefore, about 40 hp is lost through the transmission for the stock car?

Yes, this is power at the wheels. That works out to about a 23% loss of power through the tranny (225 hp engine spec output vs. 173 hp (stock set-up) at the wheels)
Seems kind of a high loss to me, I thought the AT would be a bit more efficient and we would see a bit closer to 200 hp at the wheels.

Also, I would be intersted in seeing some comparisons of 1/4 mile and 0-60 times with this new intake. When looking at intake performance there are different air flow dynamics in play when the car is in motion as compared to strapped to a dyno.
I have little doubt that this short ram "breaths" better than the stock set-up, but from looking at these photos, I strongly doubt this short ram is getting a colder (denser) air charge than the stock setup when the car is in motion. Still, it looks pretty slick. Thanks again June!
DocJohn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Blazed04 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:36 am

I have a question nobody asked yet...how does it sound??
Lunar Mist '04 SE Sport V6
2001 GSXR 750

Blazed04
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Astro » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:32 am

-MiltDoggie- wrote:June it looks good, How much are these going to be running for if these other guys want to purchase them??? And Where are the pics of the rims????

Paul didn't give me a price. I'm guessing the same or about the same as the gen1's. You'll get the pics of the rims tonight! 8)
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby junest » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:47 am

Blazed04 wrote:I have a question nobody asked yet...how does it sound??

It sounds really nice, louder than stock. One of my future mods was to do a dual cat back and I'm sure it would sound even nicer then.
2004 Solara SLE V6 Convertible
Webpage
junest
super solara girl
super solara girl

Postby slingshot » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:53 pm

I figured the sound would be nicer for sure but you probably wouldn't see much performance difference if you have less than 15 hp improvement. I'm curious to see what improvement there is.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Astro » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:11 pm

slingshot wrote:I figured the sound would be nicer for sure but you probably wouldn't see much performance difference if you have less than 15 hp improvement. I'm curious to see what improvement there is.

Yeah, I haven't noticed that much (if any) gain. I think when we do her exhaust, she'll feel a difference. I do like the low throaty sound when you step on it. :P Not much different when I had only the short ram installed on my car.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby got sport » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:31 pm

So this comes out in production next month?
<b>'04 V6 SE Sport -Black</b>
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gotsport
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby slingshot » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:59 pm

It sounds to me that this is a much better deal than getting the TRD muffler. For half the price, you'll get a throaty sound with at least twice the horsepower gain of the muffler.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby junest » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:08 pm

slingshot wrote:It sounds to me that this is a much better deal than getting the TRD muffler. For half the price, you'll get a throaty sound with at least twice the horsepower gain of the muffler.

Yep, I'm pretty happy about it. :P :P :P
2004 Solara SLE V6 Convertible
Webpage
junest
super solara girl
super solara girl

Postby Astro » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:37 pm

got sport wrote:So this comes out in production next month?

That's what Paul @Injen said. You might wanna call him up and confirm, you could probably get on a waiting list.
ImageImage
Astro

Postby gogeta » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:45 am

i already have the trd muffler and air filter...there is definitely a noticable difference to me.....i can't wait to get this intake....
arctic frost pearl/gray 04 se
trd exhaust/air filter
mb quart 2 way 6x9s front
eclipse 4-way 6x9s rear
kicker kx 600.1/kicker l7 dual 2ohm
alpine head unit itching to be put in...
gogeta
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Astro » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:05 am

gogeta wrote:i already have the trd muffler and air filter...there is definitely a noticable difference to me.....i can't wait to get this intake....

If you notice the K&N and I'm pretty sure the TRD are the same as far as power goes, didn't make much at all. I'm sure the Injen will blow them away! :D ...I...want...more power!
ImageImage
Astro

Postby angelo » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:18 pm

junest wrote:Guys and gals...here are some pics of the intake and dynograph. First of all, I'd like to thank Michael and Paul Ho for setting this up. This intake is AWESOME!!! :P I'm glad to be the 'test dummy' for this project.

The short ram gives 10-11 HP increase with a maximum of 14 per dynograph results.

awesome gain! :fadein:
173 hp seems a bit low for stock with K&N though - what grade gas was it on?
Does anybody else dynoed their cars stock?
angelo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5