[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Now Available: Short Ram intake from Injen for Gen 2 Solaras
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Now Available: Short Ram intake from Injen for Gen 2 Solaras

Now Available: Short Ram intake from Injen for Gen 2 Solaras

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:49 am

Hello everyone,

Several weeks ago I contacted Injen in regards to a CAI (Cold Air Intake) for the Gen 2 Solaras. Paul Ho, from the Research and Development team at Injen replied stating that the CAI was on their ‘To Do List.’ I responded with a proposal to ship my car from KY to Injen, in California for R&D-ing. Paul was very appreciative of the proposal but did not want to inconvenience me due to the fact that my car was out of state.

I was stuck in between a rock and a hard place. So I contacted June (junest) since she was less than an hour from Injen HQ. I explained to June about the scenario and asked if she would be willing to drop her car off at Injen. June was quite overwhelmed and accepted the proposal.

From there, I emailed Paul of the scenario about June agreeing to drop her car off with Injen. Paul was able to put June on the schedule book this past week for his team to R&D on June’s ‘Storm’ - 2004 Toyota Solara SLE convertible.

June has been anxiously waiting to pick ‘Storm’ up from Injen since she just received her new 18s Donz Lucianos rims and tires.

I’d like to give much thanks to Paul Ho & his team at Injen for doing such a great job. They were not able to develop a true CAI, however were able to have good success with a short ram intake with significant hp gains. (June has dyno charts)

Also, many thanks to Larry (Astro) and June (junest) for being great online friends and going through with this project. Otherwise, this project would have been delayed and would not have happened as quickly as it has if it weren't for Larry and June.

June just picked up her ‘Storm’ from Injen and has great news to tell everyone. I’d like to pass the mic over to June and she can tell you more about being the first to have the short ram intake from Injen.

Best regards,
Michael

P.S. As promised by Paul Ho, I should be getting my intake in about a month or so...once it goes into production. For those that are interested, we are trying to get a group buy once the short ram intake is released.
Last edited by michaels artic frost on Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby slingshot » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:59 am

Come on, tell us what we want to hear. How much HP gains for what price?
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:02 pm

slingshot wrote:Come on, tell us what we want to hear. How much HP gains for what price?

LMAO...I'll let June do the honor, since she is the 1st to have it installed...heehee.

As I said in the original post... :lol:
michaels_artic_frost wrote:...however were able to have good success with a short ram intake with significant hp gains. (June has dyno charts)
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Astro » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:05 pm

slingshot wrote:Come on, tell us what we want to hear. How much HP gains for what price?

Junest will post the pics along with the dyno later this evening (I hope :D ). It produced about 10-11hp with max about 14hp and will probably be the same price as some others, around $220?. Paul didn't have a price yet.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

THANK YOU

Postby DocJohn » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:29 pm

Michael and June:

THANK YOU for all your time and efforts on this project! GREAT JOB!
Even a true 10-12 hp increase for about $220 isn't too bad at all.
I look forward to seeing the pics and dyno charts.
<B>2004 Solara SLE V6 with mods (sold 10/10/06)
DocJohn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby slingshot » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:25 pm

There are two questions I have:
How does it affect the warranty? I have an extended one so that is very important to me.
How easy is the install and how much would an install cost to do if done by someone else?
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jewls » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:47 pm

I am happy to see all of this came together and worked out so well. As I told Michael, I just moved and we bought a house, so no more car mods for a while, but for future reference, would this work in the I4?
2005 Mustang GT Premium
2004 SE Black-SOLD
Pioneer MP3/XM radio/speakers,K&N filters,TRD RSB,Cargo Net,OEM Mud Guards,sport pedals, blue interior lighting,TRD oil cap,20% tint
Jewls
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby online » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:13 pm

Couple of quick questions
Is the application a straight bolt on or are mods required?

If mods are required please provide some of the details.

Does the computer need to be re-programmed to recognize hp increase?

June if you didn't re-program the cpu would re-programming provide an additional increase in hp? i.e more than 10-14

Thanks in advance
2005 SLE Convertible
Absolute Red - Black Top
Nav System
K & N Filter
Mud guards
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DocJohn » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:49 pm

online wrote:Couple of quick questions
Is the application a straight bolt on or are mods required?
If mods are required please provide some of the details.
Does the computer need to be re-programmed to recognize hp increase?
June if you didn't re-program the cpu would re-programming provide an additional increase in hp? i.e more than 10-14
Thanks in advance

While I can't speak specifically about this set-up, I have experience with CAI's on some previous cars of mine. Install is usually pretty simple, basically a bolt-on job. There is no need to reprogram the computer, the mass air flow sensor will detect the air flow increase and the computer will compensate accordingly. (Actually, I don't know how you would go about reprogramming the stock computer without some pretty sophisticated software & hardware).
DocJohn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Porkch0p220 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:02 pm

you have to unplug the batt for a min or to then reconnect it. it rests the computer, next time you start the motor all the settings will reset
R34Cam
Porkch0p220
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby junest » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:58 pm

Guys and gals...here are some pics of the intake and dynograph. First of all, I'd like to thank Michael and Paul Ho for setting this up. This intake is AWESOME!!! :P I'm glad to be the 'test dummy' for this project.

The short ram gives 10-11 HP increase with a maximum of 14 per dynograph results.

2004 Solara SLE V6 Convertible
Webpage
junest
super solara girl
super solara girl

Postby thealkimo » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:09 pm

seems like good gains for only a SRI 8)
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby got sport » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:42 am

Thanks guys for the continuous diligence in obtaining aftermarket products for our cars.

Junest, short ram looks sweet. Thanks for being the tester one. How's the sound?

I'll definitely be getting one of these.
<b>'04 V6 SE Sport -Black</b>
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gotsport
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5