[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Now Available: Short Ram intake from Injen for Gen 2 Solaras
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Now Available: Short Ram intake from Injen for Gen 2 Solaras

Postby PhreakdOut » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:19 pm

down2thec wrote:Read Michaels post above. It's mistakenly published in lots of sites. Until you see it from Ingen, ignore it. (and stop getting hopes up) If it ever gets released, it will be '04 - '06 I'm sure.

Agreed. It doesn't help much that Injen's customer service (tech rep) is giving out the part number over the phone or email when it's not even in production yet.

The wait continues ... :cry:
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Down2TheC » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:44 pm

WTF? ^^^^^^ Just smiling at a 9 day old thread?
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Down2TheC » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:57 pm

Keep smilin' M!
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby DatSRBoi » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:40 pm

Welp lets keep this post going for another 2 years then..

:D :P 8) :) :wink: :angel: :lol:
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby Astro » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:11 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe June will sell hers by then!!!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby dvdchris45 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:49 am

Maybe june can offer a sound clip to compars the injen sounds to the cp-e :nudge nudge:
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DatSRBoi » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:53 am

Or she can take that intake, take it to some place and custom copy it it and her and mike makes some dough out of it.. I get 1% profit ok? :)

But the gains for just that intake is like dammm..... What was the proven gain on the gen 1?
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby Astro » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:03 am

Astro wrote:That's about the same as Injen. Dynoed at 10-11hp with max about 14hp. You'll never feel 1-2 hp difference.

down2thec wrote:That's what Injen said the 3" added without a chip. CPE got abou thte same with 3.5" and tuned. Guess it doesn't matter since you can't buy the 3". But if it were a battle for my money, I'd have some questions about those dyno results.

I concur on the consolidation of threads. Pick one for Injen legacy info (the one w/ 4000 views) and I'll ask someone to lock the cp-e proto thread once we have the final product stats so we can start a fresh one with all the info at the top. We can use that for install chatter and what not. I'm gettin' dizzy answering intake Qs on three threads.

I really think with the cp-e untuned should be the same as Injen. But the cp-e tuned should be better. But, I don't have any idea what this tuning does and if the Solara will work with it. Besides, I think the SRI can only make so much hp. Both setups are still sucking in HOT air.

I wonder what the cp-e would be like if you added a CAI extension?
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

I just got my Injen intake today.

Postby PhreakdOut » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:29 pm

The intake came in this afternoon and was installed within 25 minutes. :-)

I got it from overboost.com Here's the link.

http://www.overboost.com/obs/product.asp?pid=35733

I sure it could be found cheaper, but I had trouble finding a company that could actually get one from Injen.

See Gen2 tutorials for pics.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Down2TheC » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:03 pm

So that's the Gen 1 intake and it works for Gen 2? Wonder what was so different about Junest's intake that they never produced. What size pipe? How completely odd considering the G2 folks have been waiting since last summer for something to put in.

We'll have to get some audio on that next week in Elmhurst so we can compare for the SGs.
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: I just got my Injen intake today.

Postby PhreakdOut » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:24 am

--1LOKEDOUTSLE-- wrote:
PhreakdOut wrote:The intake came in this afternoon and was installed within 25 minutes. :-)

I got it from overboost.com Here's the link.

http://www.overboost.com/obs/product.asp?pid=35733

I sure it could be found cheaper, but I had trouble finding a company that could actually get one from Injen.

See Gen2 tutorials for pics.

POSH HAS THAT INTAKE thats what the smileys 2 weeks ago were for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and it is the Injen...

LOL

POSH! You dogg! LOL. We thought you were just a happy sort of guy. I really could have used that tidbit of info sometime ago.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-- The Phreak
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PhreakdOut » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:28 am

down2thec wrote:So that's the Gen 1 intake and it works for Gen 2? Wonder what was so different about Junest's intake that they never produced. What size pipe? How completely odd considering the G2 folks have been waiting since last summer for something to put in.

We'll have to get some audio on that next week in Elmhurst so we can compare for the SGs.

It's a 3" pipe. The throttle body housing is the same size. As for the wait game? I have no idea why they did this. It was very poorly communicated.

As for audio / video, I agree. I'll also see if I can get the B&K sound pressure meter from work so we can compare.
Last edited by PhreakdOut on Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- The Phreak
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5