[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - High Beams/DRL's
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

High Beams/DRL's

High Beams/DRL's

Postby cklinh » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:38 am

Okay... so this is slightly different from all those other headlight questions, so I thought I'd start a new thread...

As you may or may not know, I got HID lows along with Nokya highs and fogs.

The fogs look kick arse with the HID's. So do the highs, but only when they are in "high beam" mode. In DRL mode, they look like stock lights. My guess is that this is because a lower wattage is applied to the bulbs? That's just a guess...

If that is the case, are there any bulbs out there that has that "HID" look even when the lower wattage is applied for the DRL's? Will the Sylvania Silverstars do this? Or their other bulb, the Cool Blue? Anything else? Anyone have any idea?

If I can find any, do you think anyone will be interested in slightly used Nokya highs (and lows, I guess) at a discount? I guess I'll make a post in "For Sale" if I can get different bulbs for the DRL's.
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby boaclub923 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:43 pm

you were right, and
nah, i don't think any light bulb can match up HID color when running at low volt.
and don't bother to install another hid for high beam for looking good.
cause low volt will definatly burn ur hid balance... (it happened to me once.)

my stratage is some how trick the system and force car's highbeam output 80watt all the time.
but so far, i don't have any solution for it yet..
cause 80watt is not a joke, don't wanan burn my car... :o
boaclub923
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cklinh » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:03 pm

wow... I don't think I'd force it to be full wattage the whole time... I like driving with the DRL's... don't wanna be high beaming others... especially when it's dawn/dusk when the automatic headlights haven't turned on yet/turned on too soon.
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby alan8888 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:48 pm

go hidtech.com
alan8888
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cklinh » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:26 pm

alan8888 wrote:go hidtech.com

uh... you're gonna have to be more specific than that... what are we looking for there?
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby cklinh » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:53 am

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

Since we have a bunch of newcomers in the last five years...

The question remains the same:

Are there any bulbs out there that light up "white" when used as DRL (and not interfere with high beam operation)?
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby kingkakyle » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:41 pm

hmmm im a bit confused
are you asking if there are any highbeam bulbs that look white when in DRL mode that rn't HIDs?

i changed my highbeam bulbs so they are blue when high beams are on (which doesn't work well when i actually need them but look really coool haha) but in DRL they look white behind other cars i can take a look later
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5