[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - (Research) Dual Exhaust / Larger Front Pipe for Solara V-6
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

(Research) Dual Exhaust / Larger Front Pipe for Solara V-6

Postby PhreakdOut » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:20 pm

Mandarinsolara wrote:
PhreakdOut wrote:
Mandarinsolara wrote:
PhreakdOut wrote:
i miss the autocad days
... thanx for the good flashback

Event though we use Catia and Togo/Caelum for our 3D CAD, I still whip out the old school AutoCAD for the simple stuff.

gettin all fancy now arent we?
Autocad was a pretty sweet class for highschool
especially the freakin lan parties we would have when the teacher wasnt around. played like liero x and doom and all kinds of sweet games.

sorry to get off topic. what are you using this for? engineering school or something?

Fancy? LOL. (OK I'll go off track too for just a second...)

Engineering School? Nah, I miss the old school days. When I was in school, AC13 was pretty high tech.

Our company makes exhaust systems for Toyota. Since the underbody and powertrain are all designed in Japan, we are provided with some limited chassis data in order to model the exhaust onto the vehicle. Toyota, being the giants they are, wrote their own CAD software, "Togo." The English spinoff of this is Caelum. Now Toyota has realized that it is cheaper to use a more common package. (It is nearly impossible to find Togo/Caelum trained CAD techs in North America. (You can make a fortune if you have this training.)

As for me, using Caelum to draft quick plant floor layouts or design proposal sketches is like using a Howitzer to kill a fly. Keep up the old AutoCAD skills, you'll find it's still used in the everyday world.

As for the LAN parties, those are more secret than ever. We just had a Ghost Recon 2 XBox tourney using the main conference room and the presentation projector. (I never guessed there were so many closet gamers in the corporation. Yes, even middle aged execs too.)
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Mandarinsolara » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:58 am

im actually very interested in this Caelum. thanx for the info
Mandarinsolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby dvdchris45 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:03 am

hey what ever happened to the dual exhaust venture? :P
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PhreakdOut » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:45 am

Just temporarily shelved till I can get some other projects off my plate.

For now, I love the sound of the Injen intake combined with the TRD exhaust.

I promise I'll get back to it. :(
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby dvdchris45 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:52 pm

Lets get some sound bytes of it phreak!
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Sun May 07, 2006 12:22 am

Hey! - Is this ever going to be revived? I've seen so many cars out there that have the duals out the back - and the Solara rear end is just screamin' for a second hole! ;)

If I could get a decent dual setup - I've got the body shop that'll make the matching notch in the bumper for me...

So why not go with headers and true duals on the V6?
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby canuck101 » Sun May 07, 2006 5:40 pm

trd is a JOKE in regard to gen 2 solara performance parts. they got nothing. ugly trd wheels, over priced, so called, "SPORTS PIPE"

forget about dual pipes, forget about super chargers, forget about headers.

i am seriously thinking about selling solara and get g35 coupe.
canuck101
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PhreakdOut » Sun May 07, 2006 6:18 pm

canuck101 wrote:trd is a JOKE in regard to gen 2 solara performance parts. they got nothing. ugly trd wheels, over priced, so called, "SPORTS PIPE"

Sometimes you have to go ahead and do things on your own. Waiting for TRD is not going to work. Yes, TRD has changed over the years. They are more corporate now. They worry too much about impact to warranty, CARB cert, yada, yada, yada.

Superchargers, the Gen2 CR is pretty high already. You can always attempt something custom with a Vortech Supercharger.

Dual exhaust, it could be done. It's just a difficult custom job. It won't give you more HP, it'll just be a style thing. (It's a lot of work for style.)

Headers, completely possible. Again, it's a lot of work and someone needs to spearhead the project with a header manufacturer.

The Solara will continue to be a neglected car in the aftermarket. I know it's frustrating. Even CP-e is learning that the return on the investment for Gen2 parts just isn't there.

If you're itchin' for aftermarket parts to mod your ride, the Z / G35 platform is a good choice. Atleast it's not a Honda.

Now back to the Exhaust topic. :wink:
-- The Phreak
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Sun May 07, 2006 8:40 pm

Not to change the subject too far from what you said, but I researched this a bit and noted that the Gen1 isn't possible either, but that was from a few years ago. Is there still no inexpensive solution to making a dual without HP loss?
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Sun May 07, 2006 8:57 pm

PhreakdOut wrote:
canuck101 wrote:trd is a JOKE in regard to gen 2 solara performance parts. they got nothing. ugly trd wheels, over priced, so called, "SPORTS PIPE"

Sometimes you have to go ahead and do things on your own. Waiting for TRD is not going to work. Yes, TRD has changed over the years. They are more corporate now. They worry too much about impact to warranty, CARB cert, yada, yada, yada.

Superchargers, the Gen2 CR is pretty high already. You can always attempt something custom with a Vortech Supercharger.

Dual exhaust, it could be done. It's just a difficult custom job. It won't give you more HP, it'll just be a style thing. (It's a lot of work for style.)

Headers, completely possible. Again, it's a lot of work and someone needs to spearhead the project with a header manufacturer.

The Solara will continue to be a neglected car in the aftermarket. I know it's frustrating. Even CP-e is learning that the return on the investment for Gen2 parts just isn't there.

If you're itchin' for aftermarket parts to mod your ride, the Z / G35 platform is a good choice. Atleast it's not a Honda.

Now back to the Exhaust topic. :wink:

Thanks again for a balanced and informative (read: helpful) response! ;)

I'd love to get a bunch of custom stuff done to my ride but what am I really gonna gain from it at this point? I just want to tweak mine enuff to truly make it my own and I'm on my way I believe. I stop at a restaurant and get people looking it over in the parking lot. I really can't wait to get more things done, but a step at a time.

So I guess from what you're saying is that a custom exhaust is the only way we can go on these and won't help performance. We can live with that I guess - just wish it were a little easier, that's all. ;)

Jeff
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Down2TheC » Mon May 08, 2006 9:01 am

Hey, if you want the look, have the guy make the matching cutout and mount a dummy there. It'll give you the same performance bump. (none)
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Solara08861 » Mon May 08, 2006 9:14 am

PhreakdOut

Can you compare the header bottom end of a Gen2 4cyl with the Scion TC. I want to do an experiment with the TC headers to see if it fits the 4cyl. I don't want to spend the money if I don't have to.

Thanks
Solara08861
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby theprodigy79 » Mon May 08, 2006 10:49 am

Thanks for the comment on the rims dude!
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby cklinh » Mon May 08, 2006 10:49 am

He meant ugly in a nice way!
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Biggi_e » Mon May 08, 2006 1:18 pm

haha lol!
Biggi_e